"Ok, time for nightie night", Sonia said as I passed Aryan to her and we both went to our room.

Just as I stepped in the room, I was shoved against the door and in front of me stood Arjun.

"Happy birthday", he said softly but I just ignored him and looked at the clock instead.

"Oh come on babe, don't be like that"

When I didn't respond, he just looked at me before turning away and I took that as an opportunity to escape into the bathroom and take a shower.

Luckily, I always kept one set of pyjamas incase I forgot. So I wore them and came out. One of my towel was wrapped around my wet hair and the other was around my neck. I draped the towel around my neck in on the chair near my vanity table and just lied down on the bed as I closed my eyes.

"Please open my gift", I remembered Sonia had told me while we walked to our rooms. So I got up and reached out for her gift.

The tag read, " don't kill me^_^"

Even though I kinda had expectations of the kind of gifts she could gift me, I just went ahead and opened the gift.

I dropped the gift from my hands once I realised what the red lacey thing was. It was a set of inners that did nothing to hide Victoria's secret.

I heard Arjun laugh and saw that he was looking at the box as well. Where was he? And when did he reappear?

I quickly shoved a pillow on the box and hurried over to stuff it in the closet. When I returned I found Arjun lying on the bed, propped on one elbow as he waited for me.

When I didn't move a bit, he gestured for me to come and I obliged sat on the edge of the bed.

"I'm sorry", he said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and let his head rest in my lap. I tired to move away but that only result in him holding me tightly.

"I said I'm sorry, don't be like that"

"You know I'm scared of darkness and-"

"And you thought I forgot your birthday... Do you know how I wanted to actually wish you in the morning and not be an ass but I wanted to surprise you, I know it's not the best type of surprise I can give you but I tried to do my best, I'm sorry if I hurt you", he said as he looked me in the eyes.

I brought my hands to his hair and played with it.

"It's ok"

"Thank you for forgiving me, I can't have you being angry at me or ignoring me"

"You think I'd be okay with that?"

"I don't know"

"I'll hate it if you didn't talk to me properly, if you ignored me" because I lo-

I just shook my head.

"I'll keep that in my mind, I'll never do that, I'll never ignore you or stop talking to you"

"Anyways, where's my gift?"

He got up from my lap and gave me a sheepish look.

He got up and from the closet got a wrapped thing.

He gave it to me and as I tore the wrap, he said," well, it's not much but it's the best thing I thought of gifting you"

"Wow!"