Chapter 26

My heart was beating erratically as he straddled me. He leaned closer and I tried to focus on everything but him.

"A-Arjun, I-I th-this is inappropriate", I stammer, struggling to form a sentence. 

"Inappropriate, really, can't a husband be loving to his wife?", He asked while leaning close.

I didn't say anything, knowing very well that I couldn't trust my mouth to make proper sentences. .

"Are you still going to claim that I don't have an effect on you?"

I knew he had an effect on me. He knew he had an effect on me. But I was too arrogant to admit it. I just shake my head and his eyes swirl with mischief and amusement in them before he comes impossibily close. One move and my lips would touch his. A sense of déjà vu hits me.

"Really baby?", He whispered. I was too busy staring at him to hear him. God! How can someone be so handsome? How did I get so lucky?

"Look at you, eyes raping your husband", he said. I snap myself out of the trance and look at him before narrowing my eyes.

"What? This piece of artwork is all mine so I can stare at it for as long as I wish", my hands immediately fly to my mouth as my eyes widen at what I just said. See! This is the reason I prefer not to speak when he is so close to me.  I feel my cheeks redden due to embarrassment. He chuckles as he hears my comment. He takes my hands off my mouth and just smiles like a cheshire cat.

"Oh yes baby, all yours", he says before he leans too close and on an instinct I close my eyes. They flow open when he kisses that mark and his lips linger on that spot for along period. I shiver at the sudden sensation and feel him smirk against my skin.

This asshole!

He moves his head to look in my eyes before he gets up. I try to get up too but because my mind was a little fuzzy, I stumble ahead and come in contact with his chest. I was already breathing very heavily. This guys can sure do a number on me. He wraps his arms around me and chuckles.

"And I still don't have an effect on my wifey?", He asked rhetorically. I just swat his hands away and move to the kitchen.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Currently it's 12 in the midnight and Arjun and I are watching some stuff on Netflix. We're both cuddled up together with my head on his shoulder and my hands around his waist and his around mine.

The medicine I took for my hand was making me drowsy so I just sighed and moved closer to him. It's the end of October and it can get really cold here. So I shift closer because he is warm. His hand traces circles in my back lulling me to sleep.

Arjun's P.O.V.

As she sleeps, I watch the show for some time but when it gets too boring, I switch it off and just then mom and dad come back. They came and sat on the sofa and smiled at my wife. She looked adorable as she curled up besides me and slept.

"Honeymoon is day after tomorrow", mom informed me. I just nodded. I knew it was day after tomorrow. I also knew the destination. I was the one who suggested this destination. I just want the place to remain a surprise.

"How is her hand?", dad asked.

"It healing, her stiches are coming out tomorrow", I informed them and after chatting for some more time I picked her up and went towards our room. I laid her down on the bed before I laid down beside her and then pulled the blanket over us and slept. I knew the temperature was going to drop further in the night. She unconsciously placed a hand over my waist and her head on my chest before she slept.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Tanvi's P.O.V.

So tomorrow is my honeymoon. I don't know what to feel about it. Maybe I'm excited. I seriously don't know.

Today I'm just packing some of the stuff. Sonia has packed everything. I'm so thankful. I mean I was busy and mom and Sonia have helped. I still don't know the exact location. I just know that it'll be cold there.

I'm currently in my office. I mean I was supposed to pack but I'd rather be in the office. And Sonia happily agreed to do rest of my packing. Just then the phone rings.

"Ma'am, someone wishes to meet you", my manager says.

It's kind off strange but I say ok anyways. I mean it maybe a client. As I'm waiting I turn my attention towards the board on my office walls. This board shows the strategy for the next month. It basically our promotional strategy that we've decided.

"Maybe I could add leaflets", I mumbled out loud. I was so immersed in the analysis of my promotional strategy, I didn't even hear someone enter the room, not until someone cleared their throat. That snapped me out of the trance and I turned around and was shocked to see who it was. But quickly covered it.

"So this is the firm you own?", that person asked. I just nod my head.

"Why only females?"

"Well there are men as well!"

"You know what I meant to ask!"

"Because there's some reason", I say and just then a small girl runs inside my room and immediately wraps her arms around my waist. Tanya, the girl is my employees' daughter. She is this cute chubby girl. Her mother gets her sometimes to work and I honestly don't mind, instead I have a room for kids in the office as well.

"Hi Didi(sister)", she says cutely and in walks her mother.

"Tanya, baby how many time do I tell you not to enter the office", she said while sighing as if she was too frustrated.

"No, it's ok, I anyways enjoy her company", I said while picking Tanya up and placing her on my hips.

"Urmm... Anyways you have company, I'll just take her with me... Come on Tanya, say bye to Didi", her mother said and she immediately pouted but said bye and left.

"So..."

"Come one Arjun, I ought to give you a tour", I said and tugged him as I gave him a tour.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

After eating dinner with him in the restaurant nearby we quickly made our way towards our home. Tomorrow we have a late flight, luckily. So I got to rest for a long time, meaning I will be resting tomorrow the whole day.

"So, you excited?", He asked. I just shrugged and concentrated on the view outside.

"I don't know what you say but I'm excited, I have so much planned for our honeymoon", he said and I immediately chocked on my spit and started coughing badly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here you go guys!

Also, I won't be updating this Saturday and Sunday because I am going out of station.

Thank you for supporting me, I've got 14.5k view and over 600 votes. I love you guys so much.

Can someone gift me a dog please!!!!

Please keep voting, commenting and sharing my book

Love,
D❤️