"Topaz... no..." Felix fell to his knees, quietly sobbing. I could feel tears swimming in my eyes as well, threatening to spill over.

"Lionblitz seldom meow..." Felix sobbed. "Their pride wouldn't allow it..." he cried harder. "When one does..." he trailed off. "Topaz..."

I wiped away my tears. I was furious by this point, and I assumed that Star was as well.

"Just give the signal Em."

"Star, Ultra Space Rush!" I commanded. Star immediately hopped into action, charging full speed towards the Lirpa loof. However, just as quickly as she had accelerated, she stopped, unable to move.

"Em!" She chirped in fear, unable to do anything about her plight. My heart sank as I placed Winter on the floor, my legs rushing me towards my Spiritmal.

"Star!"

A sudden white blur crossed in front of me, slowing me down. I stopped running as Winter threw off a chill attack at Sleet and her spiritmal.

"You stupid stupid wolfabeast." Sleet chuckled. "I'm accustomed to the cold by now idiots. It's in my name! Lirpa loof!"

Her spiritmal complied, lifting Winter up as well.

"No!"

"Too late." Sleet chuckled as my spiritmals' aura rushed of them in waves. Star chirped in dismay and winter howled as they dissolved into nothingness, their spirits being devoured by the dead-looking moose.

"Em... I'm sorry... take care please... take ca—" Star faded into nothingness before she could finish her sentence. I was speechless, saying nothing as tears flowed freely, draining me of the fluid of life. (Aka water)

Sleet chuckled, her Lirpa loof moving too close to me and Felix for comfort. "Any last words you two?"

I gulped, unable to speak. Felix seemed to feel the same way as well, keeping quiet as he gave Sleet a look of disgust.

"Well, I've last words for the two of you." Her spiritmal leaned in closer as she continued talking.

At this point, all I could see were the piercing red eyes of the Spiritmal as it looked into my very soul.

"Light thinks it travels the fastest, but it's wrong. Wherever the light goes, it realizes that the darkness is always there first."

The eyes of the Lirpa loof shone brighter... I could already feel my soul slipping away. I wanted to think about my life, about the good times I've had. However, I could hardly think anymore at this point.

The last thing I saw before I blacked out was the deadly red glow of the Lirpa loof's eyes.

Afterwards, nothing.

The end.

—————————
Author's note

And that's the end of the second book of Spiritmal. Yea, this is what happens when my imagination goes out of hand... I just end it there.

Credits to Terry Pratchett for the slightly altered quote above. The original is as follows: "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it"

Credits to Pokémon for the tune.

How was the ending?

Was it good?

You got me. I'm just joking.

Happy April Fool's day everyone!

Yep. This chapter was just a prank and everything in here is bullcrap and not canon.

P.S: the original name of the Spiritmal of death is Thanatonyx (which sounds wayyyy cooler by the way) and it may or may not appear in the actual story. It got changed into Lirpa loof because...

Fun fact: Lirpa loof is April Fool with each word spelled backwards. This same name was also used in pranks by BBC.

See you on Friday with the actual update!