9. Character

I could sense Felix's unease as the train inched closer to Monarmal Town. Sure, it was subtle, but it was there nonetheless. Honestly, he was hiding it so well that I knew that I wouldn't be able to spot it if not for me witnessing that one time he lost Topaz to Team Alchama.

"What's up?" I asked him once more.

"The train ceiling." He replied. "Seriously, you should look up more often peasant."

I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach, knowing that he actually meant whatever he was saying. I had to admit that I was being a bit annoying, but I still wasn't expecting such a response.

"You know that wasn't what I meant." I countered.

Silence.

"What's happening?" Winter scratched herself, stretching a little as she watched the action go down.

I shrugged, deciding to just enjoy the silence instead of questioning Felix further. It was then I felt the train losing speed, looking out of the window to see a shining town approaching us. I was impressed. The town looked amazing, even from afar.

If towns could be described as Royal, this town would have that word in its description. It was literally the classist town I have ever seen, complete with the unique design of each and every one of the houses. Each house was somehow different, stood out from the rest and had a regal feel at first sight. It was so beautiful in a weird way, Even I was at a lost for words trying to explain the sights in front of myself.

"We would be heading straight to the ruins, right?" Felix questioned, snapping me back into reality. I peeled my eyes away from the window.

"Sure, why not?"

We were here only for the ruins after all, right?

I felt Star ruffling her feathers upon hearing my answer. "No way!" The yellow bird perked up. "This Town is amazing! I want to have a look around first."

"But Star..." I protested. "You..."

"If I have to leave this world, I would like to gain as many experiences as I could before I do." Star gave me a solemn look, making me give in to the little bird.

"Will you be fine taking a little walk around town first, Felix?" I questioned him.

The look in his eyes instantly darkened after I asked him that question. He looked so serious, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave me the same response if I had instead asked if he would rather let Topaz spill out all his embarrassing secrets or to never join a race ever again in his life. The conflict was so obvious, even Winter seemed to notice his seriousness as she twitched her nose in amusement.

"Oh come on Felix, just a little walk..." Star pleaded.

"I..." Felix sighed. "Fine, a very small walk around town.

Star blinked. "Did you actually just agree to this..."

Felix nodded grudgingly before Star could finish her sentence. I was surprised myself, and a little worried. Felix was completely out of character.

"Are you ok Felix? You seem to be more on edge than usual..." I stopped as I felt the train jerk forward slightly as it come to a total stop.

"I'm fine." He replied, a bit of annoyance hidden within the depths of the words. "Let's just finish that walk, fast." He stood up, grabbing Topaz and heading out of the train.

me and Star looked at one another upon hearing his reply. In that brief moment before we turned away from each other, I could see confusion clearly visible in her eyes.
————————
Monarmal Town was even more impressive up close. So beautiful, it made me even more speechless then I was before. If that was possible that is.

"It's just a town with old, weird looking houses and infrastructure that shine due to their well maintenance." Felix grumbled, seemingly having read my thoughts. "It's not much to wow at."

"Just let others enjoy the scene, wouldn't you?" Star chipped, still in amazement of the town.

"I don't get why that boy's so grumpy, this place is kind of cool." Winter wagged her tail. "I don't know how but... somehow, I feel as though I know this place, even though I have never visited it. Ever. There's some kind of connection, you know?"

Before I could reply Winter, I heard a small growl, looking in that direction to see Topaz pouncing on you-know-who's shoelaces.

"Topaz... you..." I saw Felix looking down at the lionblitz. Topaz growled once more, rubbing his mane on Felix's pants.

He eventually picked up the lionblitz after staring at it for a while, sighing at his Spiritmal's behavior once more. After he did so, however, I heard a tiny "Thank you". One that he most probably didn't intend for me to hear.

The moment was broken, however, when someone shouted across the market place we were in.
——————————
Yep, this is the real chapter 8...

That I named chapter 9 to trick future viewers as well.