Chapter XIV

Ixion couldn't just tell his father that he was already romantically related to Barley, it wasn't the right time yet, but he didn't know how much longer he could bear that lie.

-Nice to meet you, King Ixion! She introduced and bowed herself in front of him. 

-The pleasure is all mine! He responded politely.

Suddenly, another woman entered the room.

-And her mother, Countess Desiree!

-It's an honor to meet my future son-in-law! She introduced herself and bowed before him.

-Your Highness! As a prince, he was taught to act politely in any situation.-Father, I'm ...

-Almost speechless right? I know! He exclaimed happily.

-But dad, are you sure about that? He asked again, becoming more and more frightened by the whole situation.

-What's the matter, son? You've been single for 3 years now, it's time to get married and settle down! Your father answered.

On the continent ...

Later that night, Ian and you talked, as you did every night before bed.

-So my queen, do you already know what you're going to do when this abstinence is over to take care of Maddie? He asked, lying on the bed, but with his hand resting on his head and looking at you.

You once asked Ian why he started calling you "my queen", since he didn't call you that when you were the queen and you were no longer the queen.

His answer was one of the most beautiful and sweetest things he'd ever said to you.

"It's simple, because you are and always will be the queen of my heart".

-I'm going back to my job at the tavern! You answered.

-Ok, but have you thought about going to college? You are very smart! He suggested.

-What? And to spend the whole night studying like a convict still with the chance of not doing well. No way, sweetie!

He gave a lovely laugh and continued to watch you with a loving look, without saying anything else.

-What? You asked, but didn't stop smiling.-But don't stop, please!

-Do you miss those moments of ours alone as much as I do? He asked, starting to caress her cheek.

-Always, I'm even counting the days. 15 days until we can go for it again! You answered, before taking another look at the calendar.

-Do you miss being my naugthy girl? He asked, starting to approach you with ulterior motives.

-What? You laughed, but you loved it when he was bold like that.

It didn't take long and you were trapped by his arms and his body on top of you. You slid your hands down his skin under the shirt, while you two kissed each other, hoping to stay that way until you were complete breathless.

Suddenly, you were interrupted when Maddie started to cry, for you two, nothing was more important than her. You immediately got up to see what her problem was.

-What is the problem? Is it the diaper? Ian asked.

You smelled her diaper and it smelled nothing but her baby scent and baby powder.

-No and she was breastfed before sleeping! You replied, while swinging her in your arms to try to calm her down.

She stretched her arms out towards her father, continuing to cry.

-I think she wants your lap! You answered with a smile.

Ian took her in his arms and she immediately stopped crying, snuggling into his body.

Ian couldn't help himself and started to cry, feeling the fatherly love consume him again.

-Ahhhh you're my baby, you're my baby and I love you so much! He said between sobs.

You smiled at their cute interaction and put your hand on his shoulder.

-Wouldn't it be better if she sleeps in bed with us tonight? You suggested.

-No doubt about it! He sniffed and you lay on the bed again, with Maddie in the middle.

-Good night my sweetie! You whispered so your baby wouldn't wake up and gave her a soft kiss on the forehead. -Won't you sleep too? You asked, noticing that Ian was still looking at her affectionately.

-I think I'll be looking at my daughter for a while longer! He replied, while she wrapped her little arms around his arm before falling asleep.

-Ok, good night honey! You said, before closing your eyes and not long after, fell asleep.

-Good night sweetie! 

The next day, as usual, you had your cup of coffee by the window, feeling the breeze that the winds brought. Suddenly, a great gust of wind ended your calm, as it was carrying an envelope.

-Thank you mom! You thanked her for taking the letter.

-What is it? Ian asked, approaching you to see what it was too.

-We'll see soon! You opened the chic envelope and took out the paper.-"You and all of your family are cordially invited to the engagement ball of KING IXION AND THE DUCHESS OF RARA GEMMIS"?

Ian and you were amazed, you two were some of the only people who knew about Ixion and Barley's secret relationship. That was really weird, they always showed to be very passionate about each other and neither of them communicated to Ian or to you, that there was a break up.

-That's not right, Barley needs to know that! You said.

-Immediately! Ian agreed.