"Words went around that you two were acting like riffraffs in my hallway?"

"We weren't fighting ma-"

"He caused it!" The duo said same time.

Causing the woman to smile satisfactorily, leaning back on her seat.

"Ahha! That's more like it, go on." She said sweetly.

Chimdi groaned, realizing that they just sashayed into her bait, sat upright, ready to talk.

"I don't want to be his partner." She said, glaring at him as he put his hand on his chest, feigning a broken heart.

"Nobody wants to." TJ mouthed, earning a glare from Chimdi, which didn't go unnoticed by Dr Addy.

"But he doesn't seem to get it. He even lied to Corp Ofose."

"Oh! That's far from the truth." TJ interrupted, face mirroring shock.

"Now hold on young man, we'll get to your turn." Dr. Addy smiled, enjoying the show.

"Figuring out that he lied, I went to confront him. Thus, my being here." Chimdi continued, like she wasn't interrupted, making TJ snicker.

"Alright. Your turn." Dr. Addy gestured towards TJ for him to speak up.

TJ just shrugged. "Nothing much to say. Just that I didn't lie, I might have tricked Corp Ofose." He said with a cheeky smile, getting a glare from Chimdi. "And I'm very sorry for my action."

"Tricked? You lied, there is no difference!" Chimdi sat up, countering TJ, disbelief masking her face as she stared at TJ who only smiled.

"I didn't lie,"

"You did!"

"Did not,"

"Did too!"

"Whatever."

"Alright kids, no bickering!" Dr Addy interrupted, calling them to order. Making them stop immediately and facing her.

"Let's just leave the lying aside and focus on something else huh?" She said. Stifling a smile.

"Since you two can't stand each other, let's try something," they listened with rapt attention.

"You'll work together-"

"No!" Chimdi whined.

"Now don't interrupt me Gentry," her tone was strict, causing Chimdi to sit upright.

"That's better. You'll work together one time. What's the work anyway?" She asked.

"Actually, we are to partner for the session, then submit our work for mock? That's what they call it right?" He turned to Chimdi who nodded.

"Yep, WAEC (West African Examination Certificate) mock." He continued.

"That's great. Work together for once and try not to kill each other. Especially you Gentry. Submit the day's work to me, your work determines whether I'll get you two a new partner or not." She said, overly cheerful, making Chimdi roll her eyes without holding back.

"That's fine by me!" TJ exclaimed, matching Dr. Addy's cheerful tone. Making Chimdi groan.

"Come on Gentry, I'm not asking you to donate your Kidney." Dr. Addy teased, causing them to laugh.

Chimdi let out a begrudging, "Fine."

"Okay, now that's good. Go for recess before you miss the next period. You've already missed the first three!" With that, she shushed them out of her office.

--

Stepping out of the proprietress office, TJ came face to face with the clique who looked so worried.

Smiling, he joined them, with an annoyed Chimdi trailing behind him, while they walked to the cafeteria together in silence.

"What happened?" Jiki was the first person to talk, after finding a table and gathering Chimdi in a hug.

TJ looked away immediately, he didn't know why seeing them together irked him all of a sudden.

"They thought we were fighting," distracted by what Lara was handing him, he took the coke can and uncocked it in seconds.

Taking a long swig before looking at them. They stared back at him.

"Yeah, they thought we were fighting while Chimdi was actually beating up my ass." he finished, grinning.

"That serious huh?" Jiki laughed, earning a glare from Chimdi.

"He lied to Mr Ofose!" She defended.

"We've been through this, I didn't lie. I tricked him. Final." He drawled out. Causing the clique to laugh whilst Chimdi rolled her eyes.

"Whatever!" She huffed.

He watched the girls ignore each other. No one spoke to Chimdi, each avoiding her.

He felt bad. Knowing he might've had a hand in whatever led to their quarrel.

But when he saw Jiki whisper something to her, making her laugh. He shrugged every feeling off, knowing fully well that she had a shoulder to lean on. The thought alone was enough to rile him up.

"So, what did Dr. Addy say?" Nene finally spoke up, avoiding Chimdi's gaze.

"Well, nothing much. We are to work together and submit the results to her. With that, she'll know if we need to switch partners which won't happen." TJ replied smugly.

"In your dreams!" Chimdi snapped.

TJ just smiled.

"But seriously, I wonder how she'll know if we are compatible with that." He mused. As usual he was heard.

"Me too, but any way. That's not going to happen. So, good luck to you too." Chimdi said, leaning more into Jiki who scrunched his nose in mock disgust.

"Stop using this hair cream now," He groaned. "Your hair smells like a grandma's!"

"Hey! That's not fair!" Chimdi shouted, grabbing Jiki's chips and making the boy slap her hands off.

Mean while, TJ watched them, feelings he couldn't comprehend rearing its head.

--