[26]

We quickly went back to eating our food. I couldn’t see if he was looking at us. Momo and Heechul have no idea what was happening as they were talking to each other the whole time.

As I ate in the corner of my eye I saw Nayeon, she tried to eat but her hands were shaking. I held her hand, still looking down so Jaehyun can’t see my face. Nayeon’s hand slowly stopped shaking and she let go of my hand to eat again.

On the table I saw this black coloured sauce. I point to it and Nayeon sees me point.

“That’s soy sauce, you dip your sushi in it.” She says quietly so Jaehyun doesn’t hear her.

I picked up a salmon roll with my chopsticks and dipped it in the sauce. I shove it in my mouth but my taste buds were covered with it’s nasty flavour. I swallowed the sushi but I am never gonna use soy sauce again.

As I eat my sushi, Nayeon quickly eats her sushi. She finishes all of her food while I still have half of mine.

She nudges me on the shoulder and I look at her. “Eat quickly, I want to go home.”

I nod and quickly glance at Jaehyun’s table, he wasn’t looking at us anymore. He was just eating.

I ate my food and Momo and Heechul finished theirs. Heechul coughs, “How about we get some drinks?”

Nayeon thinks of an excuse just to go home, “U-uh, sorry I feel really tired right now and I think Jeongyeon and I go home since we have a lot to do tomorrow.” 

“Yeah, I don’t want to deal with you being drunk again.” Momo says and laughs.

We all leave the table and leave the building. We all get into Nayeon’s car and drive back to the house.

The couple left the car and went into their car that was at our house. “Ok then. Good night!” Momo says and Heechul waves. We wave back before they drive off.

Nayeon sighs and looks down at the brick driveway. 

I lift up her chin to make her face me, “Hey, it’s fine. He won’t hurt you again.” I then kiss her on the lips. We hold hands and walk into the house.

Nayeon showers in the washroom while I unpack some more of our stuff. When she finished I went in and showered. 

After drying ourselves off we got changed into pajamas and laid on the bed we shared. We were both comfy with the warm blanket on top of us but I can feel Nayeon was still nervous about Jaehyun.

I hope I can help her get better. Her back was towards me so I wrapped my arms around her waist and held her close to me. She holds one of my arms and rubs it slowly for a while before falling asleep. Slowly I drifted into sleep right after.

The next day I woke up first. I left the bed and tucked Nayeon in before going downstairs and into the kitchen.

Since Nayeon taught me how to cook I have gained an interest in making food. Since Nayeon likes spaghetti I decided to try spaghetti with meatballs with tomato sauce.

I boiled water in a large pot and put noodles in it. I prepared the sauce and cooked some meatballs.

Right when I finished making the food and started plating Nayeon walks down the stairs. 

“Good morning.” I say and I run to her to kiss her.

“What’s this?” She says, confused at what I have been doing.

I guided her to the table where the spaghetti was, “Well, you would always cook me food so I decided to cook you a little something.”

“Aw Jeongie, you didn’t have to do that.” She sits down at the table and I sit down too.

“It wasn’t a problem, I would do anything to make you happy.” I said, making her smile. Her cute bunny teeth showed when she smiled and I died seeing them.

After eating we washed the dishes and went straight into unpacking again. We wrote down a bunch of furniture we needed a while back and bought them today. 

As Nayeon sorted everything I unboxed and built the furniture. I read the instructions but they were so confusing. I almost punched a wall due to how angry I was.

Hours later the house was finally finished, it was getting dark when we finished the home. We looked around in each room and we were both proud of the work we did. We even high fived that’s how happy we were.

2 days later we settled into the home and just stayed at home watching tv since Nayeon wasn’t working. I love our new home but our old home still remains in my heart. Both the house and forest. I hope to visit again soon.

The next day Nayeon left after we ate breakfast to go back to work. As she was gone I stayed at home and vacuumed the floors and cleaned all of our messes. 

But after that I was pretty bored. There was nothing good to watch on tv and I couldn’t run around as a wolf since it’s a city and people would see me.

I walked around the house, inspecting everything in hopes to find something that would entertain me. I stopped at the fridge and saw that there wasn’t much food left. That means I should go to the store to buy food with the money Nayeon gave me.

Luckily there was a grocery store close to the house. It was starting to get dark but I was fine with walking at night. I walked there and searched around the store for some food.

I texted Nayeon what she wanted to eat for dinner and she texted me back.

Nabongs💗💗:
I’m almost finished work, I’ll come help you

Me:
Ok, see you

So I waited, soon enough Nayeon came and together we bought some food.

After we grabbed the bags full of groceries we made our way to the car. It was really dark now and the car was far away from the entrance of the store.

But as we walked to the car I felt something was off. I turned my head around and behind us in the distance was a person wearing all black with a hood on.

I whispered to Nayeon about the person and we started to walk faster. But in the distance I could hear the person walking faster too.

We both were scared, I could transform into a wolf but someone could see me and my secret could be revealed. 

So, we ran. We ran as fast as we could to the car. Immediately the person ran after us. They were slightly faster than us but luckily we made it to the car. Nayeon unlocks the car and we sit inside, throwing our bags into the back seat.

Nayeon struggles with starting the car since we were scared. I looked behind the car and the person was getting closer and closer to us.

Then the car turned on. Without thinking twice Nayeon reverses the car out of the parking spot and speeds out of the parking lot.

I look behind us and see the person stopped chasing us. They took off their hood and I saw that person was Jaehyun.

I turned right back around and looked at Nayeon, she was focused on driving away. We were both breathing heavily. I don’t know if I should tell her that was Jaehyun. 

I’m just glad we got away in time. Who knows what he could have done to us.