S01E01 - Fall in Line

Começar do início

ATHENA
I can get another one.

Markus covers his nose with her jacket. They start walking to the nurse's office.

MARKUS
I'm Markus.

ATHENA
Athena.

The camera PANS AWAY from them into the dance room as they walk past the door.

MS. MARCY
Good work on that plie, Lexie.

LEXIE, The Sage, a senior with a high-held reputation of good deeds and wild hair, is at the ballet barre going into a tendu after a graceful plie. The camera PANS to the doorway where JC is crossing into his painting class.

JC (CONFESSIONAL)
It's my first day at Forsythe Art School. I didn't even know there were art schools in Maine. But I didn't even want to go to one. My parents think I have a talent for art. I refused to do performances though, so my mom signed me up for painting and drawing; normal art.

JC sits down at a desk with an easel in front of it. The teacher walks into class.

MS. JEFFERSON
Sit down, everyone.

JC opens his bag and places a bag of pencils and brushes on the tray in the easel. He leans back and crosses his arms, unwilling to cooperate.

TITLE UP:

INSTANT CAMERA

END OF TEASER

-

ACT ONE

FADE IN:

INT. SOUND PRODUCTION CLASS - DAY

Chrissie sets her canvas bag down on her desk. She pulls out her laptop and sets it on her desk. The teacher, JAMES PARKER, walks to her desk.

JAMES
Miss, we provide the laptops here.

CHRISSIE
Oh. So I brought this just to be told to put it away and carry it around the rest of the day with no use for it?

Chrissie doesn't put her laptop away. The teacher raises his eyebrows.

CHRISSIE (CONFESSIONAL)
This laptop has all of the samples that I spent hella time on. If he would let me keep it out, I could show him what I've produced.

JAMES
Miss, I need you to please put this away. I was just saying you don't have to bring this anymore.

CHRISSIE
I produced some samples last night just to show you today.

JAMES
You can email them to me. I need you to put this away though.

The bell RINGS. The teacher walks away. Chrissie rolls her eyes and shoves her computer back into her giant bag. Athena rushes into the room and trips, hitting her head on the desk. The whole class falls SILENT and INHALES SHARPLY.

ALL
(feeling her pain)
Ooh.

Athena jumps up and holds her hands up.

ATHENA
I'm okay! No injuries!

The class exhales in relief and proceeds with their chatter. The teacher walks up to her.

JAMES
What's your name?

ATHENA
Athena.