Chapter One

Chapter One

James stared at the ceiling of his room, too excited to sleep. He couldn't wait any longer. He got up and began to look over everything he'd packed. "I think I have everything," he said to himself. James didn't worry about things that often. Usually he was care-free, but he was going to Hogwarts. He'd been bouncing off the walls for the past week, rubbing it in his younger siblings faces.

~_-_-_-_-_-_~

"C'mon! Let's go!" James rushed around, grabbing his fathers arm.

"James," Harry smiled at him, "We have plenty of time. Don't worry."

James sighed in defeat. Behind him, Lily giggled, making him turn around and nearly smack her. Luckily, Albus grabbed his hand. "What are you doing?" he asked, defending Lily.

James rolled his eyes and walked away.

"James?" Ginny called, coming down the stairs, "Do you have everything?"

He nodded and smiled at his mother. Looking at the clock for the second time in the past ten minutes, he asked, once again, "When can we go?"

~_-_-_-_-_-_~

James sighed, the car ride to Kings Cross was taking forever. "Hos much longer?"

"About two minutes," Harry replied.

~_-_-_-_-_-_~

He stepped onto the train and waved to his parents. Walking around, James found a compartment with only one boy in it. "May I sit here?" he asked.

The boy looked up. He had blonde hair and blue- gray eyes. "Sure," he said.

"I'm James. James Potter," he said.

The boys eyes widened, "Harry Potter's son?"

He nodded.

"My dad and him were in the same year."

"Who's your dad?" James asked.

"Draco Malfoy. And I'm Scorpious."

James burst out laughing. Those names were so stupid. He couldn't help laughing at them... he just did.

"What?" Scorpious asked, "Is it our names?"

"Just a little, yeah. I mean, you're nice and all, but you have the worst name ever."

Scorpious smiled and laughed, too. "I know. I always asked my mom why I was named that. I never got an answer. I assume she wanted to tortue me."

James was about to reply, but the door slid open and they looked up. A girl with black, silky hair and brown eyes stood there. "Um, may I sit with you? All of the other compartments are full."

"Sure," the boys replyed in sync.

She smiled at them, "I'm Emily. Emily Houser."

"I'm James Potter and that's Scorpious Malfoy." James said, smirking.

"Is your dad Harry Potter?"

James nodded. "Yep."

"My mom knows him."

James tilted his head and Scorpious asked, "Who is you mom?"

"Cho Chang."

"Oh."

The door, yet again, slid open to reveal a girl wearing a plaid purple and gray skirt and a purple top with silver sparkles on it. "Hi," she said, "Can I sit with you guys? The other compartments are full."

"Yep," Scorpious said.

"What's your name?" Emily asked.

She smiled, "I'm Trinity." She had long blonde curly hair and blue eyes.

"Cool. I'm Emily, that's Scorpious-" she giggled a little bit at the name, "- and that's James."

She smiled, "So, are you guys excited?"

"Um, duh!" Emily laughed.

"I wonder what house we'll get put in," James said.

"Gryffindor, I hope," Trinity said.

"Me, too," James and Emily replied.

They looked at Scorpious expectantly. "What?"

"Well?" James asked, "What house do you want to be in?"

"Slytherin."

They all stared at him.

"My whole family was in Slytherin."

"Oh," they replied.