42.

After the tiring day they came home again, the air still filled with laughter. They slumped in their apartment again and Junhui was the first to drop himself on the couch. He lay down on his tummy and let his hand hang right beside the couch. 

"I'm exhausted.." He mumbled as he grabbed a pillow, clutching it together at his chest. An adorable view to Minghao, who watched him as soon as he was done taking his shoes off. His eyes were already close, but opened a bit when he hear Minghao coming closer. 

"Get some rest Jun, I'm taking a shower." Minghao shot one last glance to the half sleeping boy and with a smile he walked to his bedroom to get his pajama and a towel. The only thing he heard afterwards was a very soft "goodnight" coming from Junhui's direction, what made him smile to himself. 

Quickly he took a shower, his thoughts only playing the memories they made that day over and over. He could barely remember how sad he woke up the exact same morning, because now, just a few hours later, he felt like the luckiest man on this planet. 

He looked at himself in the mirror while he dried his hair with his towel, already fully dressed in his pajama again. He felt so much happiness roaming trough his body, he couldn't resist smiling at himself. 

Junhui called me his boyfriend in front of someone else today.. And he seemed so proud of it..

The thought of that one moment made him smile even more than he did before. How couldn't he? Junhui mentioned him as his boyfriend. His boyfriend. Does that mean..?

No. Even though that happened, he felt like he still couldn't be hoping too much of it. After all, a lot happened just a few days ago and he didn't want to rush things with him at all. He felt like he couldn't even rush things himself. Although he had to admit, Junhui was the only person that ever came in his life he actually really trusted. Of course he also trusted his best friend Mingyu, but it was all so different with Junhui. 

He made him feel understood and safe. And that was all Minghao needed. Feeling like that without having to ask for it. Junhui was there for him, no matter what. 

With one last look in the mirror he walked out of the bathroom, still smiling to himself. In the living room, Junhui still lay down on the couch, only now he was wearing his pajama. So he did actually take the effort to get up and wear his pajama huh? 

But he seemed fast asleep, so he decided to just let him be. He walked closer to him and ruffled trough his hair for one last time that day. Just gently this time, so he wouldn't wake him up. He seemed so peacefully asleep, steady breathing and his eyes slightly trembling. But he slept trough it, just like Minghao expected, so with one last look he walked towards his bedroom, leaving the door slightly ajar so if anything happened that night he could hear the elder. 

He dropped himself on his bed and crawled under the blankets, staring up to the ceiling, to his own ceiling again since he slept in in Junhui's bedroom for the past few days. For the first time since the last few days he actually felt tired. And happy. His whole body was filled with the bubbly feeling and the butterflies that roamed trough his stomach. 

But lucky for him, the deep thoughts that reminded him about his past weren't there. For the first time in a while he felt like he could peacefully fall asleep. His eyelids gently closed and the world turned black for him. Piece by piece he felt his body sinking away and he started drifting off to another world, what rudely got interrupted by a squeaking sound. 

His eyes fluttered open again and without any warning something dropped beside him on his bed. At first it scared the beating shit out of him, until he saw what it was, or better said, who it was.

"I thought you'd lay with me on the couch, but you just walked to your bedroom." Junhui muttered and looked at Minghao next to him, who felt like his heartbeat was going crazy. 

"I'm sorry Junnie, I thought you might not want to sleep with me after, you know.. I was scared you didn't want it anymore.." What was exactly true. He felt so scared Junhui would distance himself from him, so he just went straight to his bedroom to not make any more mistakes. 

But all Junhui did was just grin and crawl under the blankets, shuffling closer to Minghao. The younger felt his a hand going to the back of his head and the other one going around his waist as he got pulled against the tallers body. Junhui tangled his legs around his and found the perfect position for the two of them. "Mhm... I missed this.." 

He felt his breath stop for a slight second and the feeling Junhui gave him caught him off guard. Everything felt so perfect and safe again. And yes, he missed everything about that feeling until now. 

"I did too.." Minghao mumbled, finally getting a little more comfortable. Carefully he lay his own arm around Junhui's waist too, scared that every movement he made would make Junhui even the slightest uncomfortable and that he would leave again. But as soon as he noticed the elder felt extremely comfortable already, he snuggled his nose into his chest wishing for the moment to never stop. 

"Jun.. can I ask you something?" His question gave him flashbacks to the night he asked Junhui out to the party, but this time he would make sure his plan wouldn't end up like that. This was way more important than the party at that time. 

"Of course you can Hao." Junhui replied. He barely heard it because half of his face was covered with Minghao's hair. It was a little habit the elder created ever since they started sleeping like this. The elder always stuffed his face into Minghao's hair, what felt even more comfortable than they already were. 

"Will you go to prom with me?" His question got followed by a small silence as he heard the elder swallow. He felt how he moved his face away from his hair but without removing his hand from the back of his head. Junhui shuffled a little down so the two would face each other, noses almost touching. 

"Y-you want to go to prom.. with me?" Junhui suddenly seemed the one who became extremely shy from the question. "But what about everyone who is going to see us there? Because you know we can also go just as friends? Or join Mingyu and Wonwoo so you don't get yourself in more complicated situations." 

"I don't care what everyone else thinks." Minghao said as he kept staring into Junhui's eyes, never letting go of his gaze. How could he care if he could spent one of the most beautiful moments in his life with him. Wen Junhui. The boy he loved. "Let me even ask the question different."

Minghao wasn't even sure if he even got the guts to ask it, but Junhui's eyes told him different. They showed him honesty and trust. But most of all, safety. And that was all he ever needed. That all gave him the confidence to ask him the actual question, not caring what the rest of the world would think. As long as he was with Junhui everything was okay. It would be okay. 

"Junhui, will you be my prom date?"

All his fears seemed to fade away the moment he saw a smile appearing on his face. 

"Of course I want to be your prom date Minghao.. I would love to." He determined said. Minghao felt the ultimate feeling of happiness roaming trough all his body and all the hope he had built up for him to love him back seemed to be coming true. 

His eyes shifted from his eyes to his lips. They look so beautiful.. if I could just kiss them right now.. But he knew it wasn't the right time yet. He felt like he had to wait just a little longer for that to happen. And that was absolutely okay with him, because at that moment, he had everything he wanted. Approval from Junhui to be his prom date. 

"Let's sleep Junnie, we're both really tired and we really need to go to school tomorrow." Junhui nodded and started moving up again, pulling Minghao closer again. But before Minghao could hide his face into Junhui's chest again he felt a soft pair of lips pressing against his bare forehead. His eyes widened and his heartbeat that was already racing picked up even more speed. 

"I like you a lot Hao.." Junhui whispered after he let go and stuffed his face in his hair again. 

For some reason it actually calmed Minghao's heartbeat down, because it suddenly all felt so normal. As if the two were actually boyfriends. 

"I like you too Jun.." He whispered back "I like you too.."