Chapter 10

Y/n's P.O.V.

I shot up in the dirt with a gasp. I quickly realized I was still in the pit in the Glade. I pulled my knees up to my chest, leaning against the wall and trying to steady my breathing. This better not become a habit . . .

"Calm down, princess," Minho said jokingly from above me. I looked up at him, not really amused by his joke considering the state I was in. On the other hadn't, I saw the slightest bit of concern deep in his expression.

"Another dream?" A British voice chimed in. I looked to Newt, nodded a little, and shifted my gaze to the ground. 

The picture of all of my friends looking at me with so much hatred . . . It was too much. I felt my eyes start to fill up with tears. I just shut my eyes and leaned my head back against the wall behind me.

"That bad, huh?" Minho asked gently. I just sighed.

"Worse than last time?" It was Newt who spoke this time. I opened my eyes and looked at him.I nodded and closed my eyes as more tears started to form. The last thing I wanted to do was cry in front of them. Minho left after a few minutes to go see if Chuck was up yet.

"Do... do you wanna talk about it? Your dream?" Newt asked softly. I just shrugged.

"It was bad. Twenty times worse compared to last time." 

Newt just looked at me. 

"We heard you. We've been sitting here waiting for one of you to wake up. We were sitting here talking and we heard you call out my name," He whispered.

"Let me guess, then to Minho, then to Chuck, right?"  He nodded.

It was the order of the people in my dream. I called out to Thomas and Teresa then to Newt. I called out to Newt about Minho and Chuck.

"It was me . . . I dreamt that I put you guys here. In my dream I woke up and neither Thomas or Teresa would talk to me. Then when we were being banished, Thomas said that I was the one responsible," I paused and sighed. "He threw all of the blame on me, which made Gally only banish me. And that's not even the bad part." 

I let out a sad, dry laugh before continuing. Newt was looking at me, listening intently to what I was saying, which I appreciated.

"It was terrible because when I was standing in the entrance of the maze, with everyone blocking me in, the looks of pure hatred in all of your faces... it was horrible." 

"Everyone was there?" He asked. 

"No. Not everyone," I sighed. "Chuck wasn't there at all and you walked off right after they threw all of the blame on me. You guys just looked so betrayed. I hated it."

Newt nodded slowly. 

"I just walked away? As soon as all of the blame was on you?" He asked. I nodded, pulling my knees closer to my chest. 

"Well technically you were part of the 'everybody looking at me with hatred' thing, but after that then yeah."

He was silent for a second. 

"Just so you know, Y/n . . . I would never do that. I don't care what Tommy says when he wakes up," He whispered. I smiled up at him as Minho arrived with Chuck, preventing me from saying anything back.

Teresa woke up not long after. 

We sat there and talked most of the day, Minho, Newt, and Chuck leaving once to grab lunch and come back. Not long before our banishing, Thomas' eyes fluttered open.

"Hey," Teresa said calmly. "Are you okay?" 

He looked around. 

"What the hell were you thinking?" Chuck scolded. Thomas mumbled something incoherent.