CLOSURE! CHAPTER 7! INTO THE LION'S DEN!

Bắt đầu từ đầu

N. No Sir. I would not., came Wallker's reply.
Good. Then go check out the body like I ordered Son.

Y. Yes Sir., Wallker replied

As he headed nervously towards the body his body clearly shaking.

Eddie sighed and turned to Mike and said.
You go with him Mike.
He'll probably need moral support.

Yes Sir. Mike said unquestioningly.

Together the two men moved the body carefully trying to avoid moving the body too much from where it lay.
Wallker fished into the man's waistcoat pockets with a look of clear discomfort.

Finally he hit upon something that felt important.
He pulled it out to reveal it was the man's ID pad.
Wallker handed it to Mike who using a gloved hand tapped a few of the buttons.
My god.
What'd you boys find? Eddie asked as he moved to get a closer look.

We got his ID Sir.
Mike said.

Hot damm, Eddie said.
What's his name Son?

Dave Brocco Sir.
Does that name mean anything to you?

We'll run it through our intelligence section. In the meantime put the ID Pad into an evidence bag and check the body for anything more we can use.
You know those boys and girls  love it when we give them as much information as we can.

Yes Sir! Came the unflinching response.

Meanwhile,

WASHINGTON DC
WAR DEPARTMENT
THE PENTAGON!

Colonel Sanders observered the operation taking place under his watch with his EOTech Binoculars. So far things had gone well.
He always planned things out meticulously.
Some people would probably say he was a bit too meticulous. But one never knew.
The old adage ran that a plan is and always looks perfect on paper., but in practice didn't always go according to plan.

So far the few Security gaurds on duty patroling the Pentagon had been silenced non leathaly.
According to Sam Wattkins's idea of non leathality that is.

He grimaced. He really did hate taking orders from him.
Not just because he'd been an ex cop. But because the man knew far too much about him that could put him away in the cooler for life.

So he was forced to comply with Wattkins's orders largely because he had to. Not because he wanted to.
The end result of the plans was to aquire a couple of nukes.
Sam didn't tell him what he planned to do with them but then again he didn't expect him to be up front about what he really was going to be undertaking with them did he?

He swore under his breath.
Come on. Come on. The longer we take the more chances we have to get discovered.

We're trying Sir came the response from his team leader almost on que.
we just need more time.

Time we don't have., Sanders growled.

Got em' Sir. Came the response he needed to hear.
Good. Excellent. Now get out now! Oh and quietly mind you.

Yes Sir. Came the unflinching response.

Meanwhile,

Mike arrived at Club Beat Down.  The woman manning the front reception desk bade him a warm welcome and told him it was 200 bucks to get inside.
Sheesh. What a bargain he thought as he forked over the money.

After the woman counted the money, she smiled warmly.
Welcome to Club Beat Down Sir.

Thank you. Mike dryly replied back hoping that she wouldn't catch the sarcasm in his tone.

It take long once he got inside the main area to find his Sister Lynn.

Lynn had green eyes, a taught firm body. That had clearly seen the interior of gym more than once.
Her brunette hair was similar in style to his own close cropped hair. The only difference between them  being that she often left room in her life for a laugh or two, or 3.

Hey Sis. He said sliding into the booth beside her.

Hey yourself.
You know I worry that something terrible's happened to you when you don't answer me you know.

I'm sorry. He said. I've just been busy these last couple days. Work is brutal you know.

Lynn folded her hands on the table and unfolded them, then refolded them again.

Of course I know.
I don't need to remind you that if you have time at any point to yourself.
A little text here and there every now and then wouldn't hurt.

I know. Mike offered.

As they continued to tallk one of the bouncer's wallking around took one look at him at a distance then scowled.
Fucking cop. In my turf. Not on my watch.
No Sir.
Then he pulled his Sunglasses off flipped one of the Ear parts down then spoke into it.
Code red. We got a cop on the premises. I repeat we have a cop on the premises.

Are you sure it's a cop you're seeing?, came the answer from one of Wattkins's lakeys.

Yes. Should I remove himby force?, the bouncer asked whilst starting to crack his knuckles.
No. Stand by., came the answer.

Meanwhile,

Sam paced around his office. The Colonel should have reported in by now.
He grumbled to himself.
You want something done right. You oughta do it yourself.

His intercom buzzed again causing him to jump slightly as he'd been nervously pacing around.
Yes! What!? He replied, whilst pushing the button.
Sir. You have a problem in Club Beat Down, The management says they have a cop on their premises, came Amber's honey silk sweet voice over the intercom.

Fuck., Sam muttered.
Sir. Are you there Sir? Came her question.
Yes I'm here. Sam growled.

They want to know what you think they ought to do with him Sir?

Easy.
Tell them.
He paused for a moment,
Eliminate him!
But do it quietly. Understand?

Yes Sir. I'll let them know. Sir.
The intercom went quiet after that.
Sam resumed pacing around his office.

The NYCPD was going to have to pay dearly for poking it's nose into his business. As soon as the nukes were in his possession that is.