"I need to talk to my husband before anyone else. But I will tell you that I won't be working overtime. And I will need to take some time off."

  "Why?"

  "As I said! I will talk to my husband first! I will call you later."

  "You know what? I am tired of your attitude! You're fired! Come and clean out your locker!" He yelled at me. Then hung up.

  I sat there looking at my phone. Seriously?  Did he just hang up on me after firing me? Before I realized what I was doing, I was grabbing my keys and locking my door. I caught a cab.

  I entered the office area of the restaurant. "Did you just seriously fire me then hang up?" I asked as I entered Marcus's office. I didn't care that he had someone with him.

  "You should learn how to knock first. Yes, you are fired."

  "Fine! I want my last check. Have it ready when I get back from cleaning out my locker." I went to do just that. I noticed that there were several people who were listening. I didn't care!

  I went back to get my check that wasn't ready yet. "You know that checks are printed off property. I can't get it to you until Friday."

   "Then I will take cash!"

  "Look Tamara. I was rash and hot headed. Come back to work tomorrow morning and we will take it one day at a time. You can take off any time you need."

  "First you fire me. Then you want me to stay? That is bullshit of you! I'm done arguing with you for time off. Give me my money or you can get sued for it! Your choice!"

  He finally gets my money. "Can't we work this out, Tamara? We are a good team!"

  "No we aren't! I work seventy to eighty hours a week. All I get is you demanding more! You got pissed off every single damn time I ask for a day off. I'm done!" I took my money and left for the last time.

  As I was passing Bentley, I hugged him. "Thanks for always being there for me. Good luck!"

  "Chef, what did the ass do?"

  "He called me up and fired me. So I'm outta here."

  "But he should apologize. Would you stay?"

  "No, I'm done." I left.

  I get home and check on flights to Montana. Then I call Trace.

  "Hey sweetheart! I thought that you were working for another few hours."

  "No, I'm not. Actually, I was wondering if you could pick me up from the airport at nine o'clock tonight."

  "Of course I can! What's the special occasion?"

  "I'll explain when I get there. Hold on a second while I book the ticket."

  "Ok." He sounded worried.

  "No need to worry, honey. It isn't bad. I promise."

  "I'm just concerned about this surprise visit. Although, I like the thought of seeing you again!"

  "Me too. The plane lands at nine- fifteen." I gave him the details of the flight. "Honey, I have to pack and be on my way. Or I will miss my flight. I'll see you soon."

  "Ok, sweetheart. Safe flight. Let me know when you board the plane."

  "I will." We hung up and I packed a couple bags. I didn't know how long that I would be there. I called a cab.