"I invited you here to get to know you. I didn't invite you here because I approve of you." His voice was hard and cold.

Liam flinched, "I understand."

My mom shook her head at me, almost pleading for me to leave the room. She moved towards Liam and put her arm around his shoulder, turning him towards me.

"Why don't you two go watch tv with the other three and we can get to know each other during dinner."

"Sounds great," I gritted through my teeth. I grabbed Liam's hand quickly and jerked him into the hallway, closing the sliding door behind us.

"Phew," I gasped. "That was interesting."

Liam licked his upper lip, "I wasn't expecting that."

"Me neither," I chuckled as we walked to the family room. Laughing seemed like the only way to deal with the tension.

We walked through the hallway and into the den where my siblings were watching an old episode of The Suite Life of Zach and Cody.

"CHAR!" Grant bounced off the couch towards me. He jumped up and down in front of me before settling. "Hi."

"Hey G," I wrapped my arm around his shoulders. "This is Liam."

Granted nodded, "You're the sexy boyfriend."

Liam chuckled.
"Grant, you are seven. Do you even know what that means?" I cringed.

He shook his head, "Nope. Is he sexy though? That's not an insult is it? If it is, I'm sorry."

Liam bent over at the waist so he was face to face with my brother.

"No it's not an insult," Liam grinned. "But it's not really something a seven year old should go around sayin.... You know what I mean?"

He sounded so sweet and gentle. It made my heart melt.

Grant shuffled on his feet, "Okay. Wanna come sit down?"

I covered my face with my hands. This was so terrible. My seven year old brother was making more of an effort than my own dad.

"YEAH!" Talia jumped on the sofa, distracted from her show. "Come sit with us."

"Okay," Liam stood back up and followed after Grant, sitting In between Talia and Anastasia. Grant started spinning in the small area in front of the tv.

"Come on Char," Anastasia motioned for me to come over. "I'll move."

I took a step around the couch, "No, no. Don't move. I'm fine." I went to sit next to Talia, but I had to stop suddenly. She had sprawled out on the sofa so that I couldn't sit down. Well I could have but I would have sat on her face.

"Tal move," I commanded warmly.

She did just that but instead of moving back to her place next to Liam she moved away from him, patting the seat next to her.

I rolled my eyes as I collapsed down next to Liam. On instinct, I cuddled into his side breathing in his familiar cologne. I sighed contently as his arm folded around me, pulling me even closer.

It was about seven when my mom called us in for dinner. I crawled off the sofa and extended my arm to Liam. He laced our fingers together allowing me to pull him up before we headed into the kitchen behind a airplane-noise-making Grant.