A second later Meghan's arms were replaced with Sophia's, "I'm so glad you're home!"

"Thanks Megs, thanks Soph. It's good to see you guys."

"Good to see you," Meghan grinned. "We have so much to catch up on. We've hardly talked in the past month! How's school?" She gasped, "Oh how was the red carpet?"

"Oh my gosh, yeah," Sophia squealed. "And how was the after party? I've heard they are ki-ller!"

"And how's that hottie-tottie boyfriend of yours? You haven't really told us much about him. Everyone as school is ob-sessed with One Direction."

"Yeah," Sophia added, "No one can believe that you are dating Liam. Like no one. And then they think we are lying when we say that you are our best friend."

They were talking a million miles an hour, but I picked up every last word.

There was no how is school going, Char or how are the friends you've made, Char. They didn't ask about anything other than Liam. It was exactly how I expected it to be.

Before I had time to come unglued a hand grabbed my arm from behind me, "Hey Char," Chance's voice was warm against my ear. "Can you come help me with something?"

"Sure," I grinded my teeth. "Be right back, guys."

Chance grabbed my hand and pulled me downstairs to the basement. He led me into the back bedroom, shutting the door behind him. I walked forward into the floral wall papered room. I turned around to see what he needed but was met with a giant bear hug.

"Breathe," he whispered, not letting his arms fall. "Just breathe."

So maybe Chance and I weren't meant to be a couple, but he was still my friend. And he still knew exactly what I needed. He was good at reading his friends.

I let out a long sigh as I accepted the familiar pressure he added to my body. I sank to his chest letting him hug me. I needed it. He pulled back slightly to examine my face.

"You good?" his eyebrow rose.

I nibbled on the inside of my lip, but nodded.

"Thank you," I hummed. "I needed that."

He rubbed my arm gently, "I know. I could tell."

His arms fell back to his side as I collapsed on the bed behind me. I scooted backwards to rest my head against the cherry wood head board.

"You know it's gonna be completely different every time you come back here." His voice was cautious as he sat down beside me.

I nodded as I ran my fingers through my hair. "I know. As long as I'm dating the hot singer from One Direction I won't be treated the same."

I watched as Chance's eyes filled with sorrow, "Don't let them get to you, CMac. I don't want you to become a bitter young lady."

I turned onto my side and slapped his knee, "I am not a bitter old lady!"

He waved his finger at me, "I said bitter young lady. Not old. Young."

"I'm not bitter!"

"You sound bitter."

"Chance...."

"Charlottteeee..." he winked.