Chapter 9: The morning of take off

Standing on a cliff overlooking the sea, stood Ella and Ms. Mars. They gazed over the water and watched as the sun rose over the calm waves. Ella felt a certain rush over her as she stared at the beautiful sunrise. She sighed to herself and shifted her gaze down at the docks below.

"They are ready to take off to find them...," Ella said.

"Yes...," Ms. Mars said, staring down with her.

"How will we find them before they do...?" Ella asked.

"I called for help. This job is big for them, but they will be alright," Ms. Mars said with a grin.

A car can be heard pulling up and parking behind them. Ella stopped and turned to see Professor Cole stepping out of the car.

"Yo!," Cole said.

Surprised, Ella ran up to him.

"You ready to get your friends back?" Cole asked.

"But...my mom and dad...," Ella said.

"We informed them that this was just a trip that you have signed up for...but we shouldn't have you gone for too long, right?" Cole said with a wink.

Ella nodded in agreement. She was ecstatic, grinning ear to ear. Finally, she was finally ready. With Cole and Ms. Mars, she knew that they could bring them back safe. Her eyes glanced lower and she white hair waving behind Professor Cole.

"W-who...?" Ella said pointing inside the car.

"Oh!," Professor Cole said, standing aside and revealing the student in the back seat of the car. He opened the door and out came a white-haired boy, dressed in a black cloak. He stood up and smiled at Ella.

"A-Axis? What are you doing here?" Ella said surprised.

Axis smiled at her and walked up to Ella. He put a hand on her shoulder.

"A-Axis? What r u doing...?" Ella said uncomfortably.

"Let me see your hand," Axis said.

Ella put out her hand. He took her hand and closed his eyes.

"You have a strong soul...," Axis said as his arm lit up with red lettering. Ella's arm did the same.

"What's going on?" Ella asked.

"Relax, Ella," Professor Cole said. "Axis is a monk. He practices the soul closely. He can sense things and awaken things that no one could before."

The light on their arms faded as Axis let go of her hand.

"W-what did you do to me?" Ella asked.

"You now have a legendary blade, but it's not permanent. Some people are born with legendary blades and some are given. Monks can awaken these...but we can't make it last," Axis explained.

"How long do I have it for...?" Ella asked.

Axis put up three fingers.

"Three months, at the end of the third, you will lose it," Axis said.

"Then we must hurry before that happens," Ms. Mars said.

Axis smiled.

"I will be coming along," Axis said. "I want Owen to come home"

Ella smiled and spoke: "me too"