The Begin Of An End

"Mark! Wake up! Mark,my boy,I need you to wake up immediately."

The nature faerie snapped his sleepy eyes open at the familiar voice,his breathing rapid as if he had just woken up from a bad dream. He shook his head to awaken his senses and inhaled deeply,exhaling softly before glancing around the room until his eyes landed on his still sleeping mate.

"Cleon? Is that you?"

"Oh,you're awake. I'm so sorry to disturb your sleep but I have to warn you. I'm afraid...I'm afraid what I saw is not a dream,my boy." Cleon's voice was frantic and scared,nothing like the usual soothing voice that brought peace to the forest. It was making the faerie nervous and curious at the same time. Cleon only woke up once a year and this awakening was far too early.

This strange behaviour only brought up the conversation he had with Youngjae a few days back. And this might even prove his guts right.

"Flower,what's wrong?"

Mark gasped in shock as the voice appeared right beside his ear. Jinyoung frowned and apologised silently in the form of a peck on the cheek before taking Mark's shaking hands in his,hoping his warmth would calm his mate down a little and tell him what's going on.

"I-I...I need to go." Mark managed to choke out in between welling tears of fright.

That only deepened the curve of Jinyoung's lips as he shook his head,gripping harder on those hands as he forced Mark to look at him, "No. Baby,you're not going anywhere unless you tell me what's going on. What happened?"

"Cleon needs me,there's something I need to see. Or else he wouldn't have reached out to me," the faerie explained shakily. "Jinyoung,me and Youngjae have been having suspicions these days...and I fear that this might take the cake. We have to go-"

"Mark. Calm down. You don't have to. In fact,I can't have you taking the risk and coming here. You're in danger right now. Listen carefully,do not come here. Actually,whatever you do,wherever you go,please have someone you can trust beside you." The forest guardian warned,intense worry laced in his voice.

Now that Cleon had approached the topic with him out of the blue,it was as if reality had dawned upon him. It was horrifying and it stirred up his insides. Sweat broke out his skin as his pupils dilated. The connection was cut off somewhere along him trying to break out in a full panic attack session as Jinyoung was looking enough concerned at the moment.

The alpha freed one of his hands so that it could reach up to brush up those wet bangs from his mate's forehead,before it travelled down and held Mark's face in his palm. "Sweetheart,you're fine. You're fine-"

Mark whined at that,shaking his head so furiously that it was starting to scare Jinyoung who flinched at the sudden protest. "No. No,I'm not fine,Jinyoung. At least I won't be. That's what Cleon said. I'll tell you everything but not...loudly. We don't know who's listening right now."

Jinyoung went along with the faerie's wish,wanting to dissolve whatever confusion he was having. The gentle tone of his mate soon appeared in whispers,telling him everything and the alpha was finding it hard to keep his composure. He twitched slightly in fury as Mark got down to the part where they may be a traitor in their pack,waiting for the right chance to get the faerie. He could hear Mark's voice mixed with Junior's growling in the back of his head,he did not stop the animal. In fact,he would very willingly let the wolf in him take over just to murder whoever it was.

How dare they? Jinyoung repeatedly thought. How dare they try to take his flower away? He went through enough of an experience to know the dreads of losing Mark. He didn't need another one.

Actually,Jinyoung refused to accept someone,his packmate,could steal Mark away anytime. Because he swore on the moon god that it will never happen. Packmate or not,family or not,Jinyoung will kill the dirt of his pack. No one touches his family and lover.