Chapter Nine

We arrived back at Claire and Stephens house. I was petting Mushroom on the way back home. Once we arrived Chris and Daniel hopped out and started running around. I felt Sean's arm still around me and start blushing again. I was so comfortable I completely forget. Sean looks at me and softly smiles at me. I'm sure I look like a damn idiot right now. I haven't felt any sort of "crush" on someone since they left me. Is this a crush? I sit up and stare at Sean smiling like a goofball.
      "Looks like Daniel found a new brother..." Charles says.
      "No kidding.." Sean laughs softly, "He dumped me like a rock."
      "I'm glad you three came along. It's great that Chris found a new friend out here." Charles admits. "And it looks like you guys did too, whats her name?"
     "You mean Cassidy?" I ask.
     "Cute name." Charles responds. "Was she nice?"
     "She was cool." I respond.
     "Anyway.. Its good for me to get out too.." Charles admits to us. "We've has a rough time over the past couple years.. My wife, Emily.. She died two years ago. Obviously, it was tough on Chris."
     "Shit.. I'm sorry man." Sean says quietly.
     "I'm sorry Charles.." I add softly.
      "Thanks.. it's been a struggle." Charles sighs. "Especially, trying to be a good Dad.."
      "You're.. doing your best." Sean says. "Chris is awesome, and.. he's got a wonderful imagination."
     "Thanks for saying that." Charles smiles. "Chris, does have talent. He's a storyteller."
     "Yeah. He showed up when I was drawing at the supermarket. He gave me some tips." Sean tells him.
      "When I look at you, y/n, and Daniel.. how close you three are.. I realize I'm far from being up to the task. Chris.. deserves a real family." Charlie's sighs, "Anyway, I shouldn't have brought this up. Okay? Forget it."
      "Chris talked to us.. he said that.. you sometimes lose it." I admit. "When you're drunk."
     "Oh fuck.." Charles has panic in his eyes.
      "Maybe.. you should get some help. Don't handle this alone." Sean says.
     "Shit.. maybe you're right." Charles sighs. "His grandparents.. my wife's parents.. they offered me their help and... they want Chris to go live with them. I haven't replied yet. Maybe I could.. s-send him away for a little while.. give me time to get my shit together."
     "Might do him good." Sean says. "Yeah.."
     "I know I gotta do better." Charles says, fighting tears. "I can't let.. pain define who I am. Everyone has to go through some shit.. But they're always there for us. For Chris. They seem like.. good people."
     "They're so nice but.. yeah." Sean looks at Claire's house. "But they have their own problems too."
      "Sorry for bringing that up." Charles says.
    "It's good, I hope they don't stress because we haven't come back." Sean says.
     "Yeah, we should get you three home. Don't keep them waiting." Charles says as we get out of the truck.
      "Yeah." I say.
    "Oh and uh.. thanks.. for your honestly." Charles gives us a warm smile. "I'll try my best to be a better.. Dad.. for Chris."
  Sean and I walk to Daniel, Mushroom in my arms as Chris walks to his fathers car.
     "Hey buddy, wanna go set up that Christmas tree?" Charles asks Chris.
     "Yeah!!" Chris exclaims.
     "Well.. I'll get there before you can with my Dadmoblile!" Charles teases.
     "No way you can beat Captain Spirt! See ya later, Superwolf!" Chris waves bye.
   We walk inside of the house.
     "Hello?" Sean calls. "Hello? Claire? Stephen?"
     "Looks like Grandma and Grandpa haven't come back from church yet.." Daniel says.
     "Well.. atleast they won't yell at us for going out!" I announce.
     "That was so cool to go out and spend time with Chris at the super market!" Daniel smiles.
      "So.. did you set things straight with him?" Sean asks. "Told him the truth?"
      "Yeah.. yeah.. I did." Daniel sighs. "Did you know Chris's Mom was a artist?"
     "I.. didn't. How so?" Sean asks.
     "She drew comics!" Daniel exclaims. "You should see her drawings, they're soo cool! Just like yours!"
      "Thanks dude." Sean smiles.
     "Hey! Uh.." Daniel starts.
    "What?" Sean asks.
    "Sean.. I wanna go check on the room.. upstairs..." Daniel admits. "I know it's Moms.. please.."
     "Sean.. I think Daniel has a right to know what his mother was like." I say, looking into Sean's eyes.
     "You won't give up on that, right?" Sean asks Daniel.
     "It's just.. I really wanna know what's inside.. what kinda stuff she had.. Chris has tons of things that belonged to his Mom. And I have nothing.." Daniel admits. "Come on, Sean.. you don't even have to come with me.. if you don't want too.. y/n and Mushroom will.."
     "Fuck it.. I'll come with you guys..." Sean gives in. "So you guys don't make a mess and get us caught."
   Daniel, Mushroom and I were by the door as Sean comes to us.
    "We'll find a way to open it." Sean encourages us.
     "Or.. I could just blow this stupid door up with my power!" Daniel exclaims.
    "Woah.. Daniel. We don't want to mess up the door. We just want to see what's inside.. okay?" I smile. "Let's try to find the key." 
    "Okay.." Daniel sighs.
   "Sean I'll go look in the bathroom.. okay? Can you go look in their room?" I ask.
   Sean nods and we go opposite directions.
    "I'm gonna clean up real quick in here!" Daniel exclaims as he walks in the bathroom behind me.
   I giggle and start to go through the dirty laundry.
    "Why are you going through there?" Daniel asks.
   "Well.. I seen Claire with.." I pull a cardigan out. "This! She had this on yesterday when she went in the room."
  I search through the pockets as Daniel is watching me.
    "Yes!" I exclaim.
    "You rock y/n!" Daniel exclaims as we rush to the room.
     "Sean! Come on! I think I found it!" I exclaim as I put the key in the handle.
The door opens easily as I open the door and let them go through. It wasn't my parent so I don't really have to much to look at.. I would like to know what their Mom was like though.
     "Wow.. there's not that much left.." Daniel sighs. "Where do you think they put the rest of their stuff?"
      "It's her teenage room.. I'm sure she.. sorted through her things before leaving for Settle. The rest is probably packed in these boxes." Sean says.
  The boys started looking at stuff while I looked at a desk and seen a family picture, the picture was on Claire, Stephen, and a young girl in the middle. That must be their mother. Once I looked at the desk, I look at a drawer and looked around it. I seen a teddy bear, but under it was a letter. I picked it up and opened it, and proceeded to read it.
     "What the fuck?" I whisper as I walk towards the bed to sit down.
     "What is that?" Daniel asks as he tries to take it.
     "Hold on a second bud." I say as he looks at Mushroom who was standing beside him. I make it where all of us could read it.
     "What's it say?" Daniel asks.
     "Hold on.. here, read it Daniel." I say as I make it so he can.
     "I've heard the news about Seattle. Please help my boys if they come to you.." Daniel reads. "Why did they hide this from us?"
    "What the fuck.." I whisper as I pick up Mushroom.
     "I don't know.." Sean says.
     "You can reach me at this address.. it's a PO Box I use sometimes." Daniel continues to read the letter. "What's a PO Box?"
      "Well, a cop out.. in this case.." Sean sighs.
     "I beg you.. please.. help my sons.." Daniel reads from the letter.
    "Oh yeah.. right.. total bullshit." Sean says angrily.
      "What do you mean? She cares about us!" Daniel exclaims.
     "Well.. I don't.." Sean says.
    "Sean! Chill out please... I.. maybe.. she does care? How do you know?" I ask. "No one would reach out if they didn't care Sean.. I'm just saying it's a possibility. You can't completely ignore it."
     "Maybe she.. changed her mind.." Daniel says. "We can try and.. contact her!"
      "You don't even know her! Okay?" Sean snaps. "Don't get any wrong ideas. We should just.. stick to our plan.. for now."
    "I'm sorry Sean.. I didn't mean to take sides.. I'm not really taking any sides.. I just don't think it should be okay to ignore any possibility's until they are proven wrong.. I hope you understand." I admit quietly.
Sean softly smiles at me and takes both my hands.
     "It's okay to have your own opinion.." Sean says.
    "Can I.. read it again..?" Daniel asks.
I look at Sean and he nods his head at me.
     "Yeah.." I say and hand him the note. "They we gotta go.."
    "Oh my goodness.." I hear Claire's voice come in.
    "Shit.." I whisper.
     "Excuse me.. what are you guys doing in here?" Claire asks us. "Except visibly, ransacking our house while we're at church!"
      "We were just looking.. for answers.. and uh.." Sean struggles.
    "Was it worth stealing my key?" Claire asks.
  Whoops.
     "Claire, please.. calm down." Stephen says.
    "No Stephen! They went way out of line here!" Claire exclaims. "We specifically told you to stay out of this room!"
      "I have the RIGHT to see my Moms room!" Daniel exclaims.
     "This isn't her room anymore!" Claire yells. "There's nothing to see in here! It's time you learn to respect some rules!"
      "Actually, we did find something." I say calmly, while trying to calm Mushroom. Mushroom was a bit spooked.
     "Yeah! We found a new letter from my Mom!" Daniel exclaims. "She said she wants to see us! But.. you didn't even tell us!"
     "She's NOT my daughter anymore! Or your mother!" Claire exclaims angrily. "She burned all those bridges! One letter doesn't change what she did to me!All of us!" Claire snatched the letter from Daniels hand. "She is not welcome back!"
    Daniel practically rips the letter back into his hands and backs up. I close the space, I refuse to let her though to this. It's important to Daniel.
       "It's been eight years! Maybe it's time to move on.." Sean says.
     "Don't you dare lecture me, Sean!" Claire exclaims . "You don't know anything about how I feel!"
     "I can't hear that.." Stephen says as he exits the room.
       "Listen Sean.. I know life has been tough on you the past month.. bless your souls. And we put up with a lot of things.." Claire says, trying to make us push back. "But that.. going through our stuff.. our personal belongings.. that shows you don't respect us. Then you act like I'm the bad guy! After what we've done for you! I knew something like this might happen, maybe you three staying here wasn't such a good idea.."
     "Man! I think I see why Mom left now.. she couldn't put up with your stupid rules anymore!" Sean exclaims.
     "Oh! So that's what you think? Then let me tell you somethin-" Claire gets cut off by a scream downstairs.
  We all gasp as Sean heads downstairs. I follow with Mushroom in my hands and put her down when we get down the stairs. We rush into Stephens workshop and see his cupboard on top of him.
     "Oh shit!" Sean exclaims.
      "Get..this.. goddamn thing off me!" Stephen struggles.
     "Stephen.. no!" Claire exclaims. "Hold on hunny, we'll get it off!"
  We all try to get the cupboard off of Stephen, but it was so fucking heavy.
     "NO! Stop! My legs!" Stephen gasps. 
   Daniel gets up and looks at us in fear, not knowing want to do.
    "Do it, Daniel! Now!" Sean exclaims.
    "Do what!? What's going on?" Claire asks as she gets up. "Oh lord.. what? What are you doing Daniel?"
   Daniel starts to use his power to get the cupboard off of Stephen, Sean pulls him outside of it then drops it, falling to the ground. Sean and I hold onto Daniel to make sure he's okay.
     "Oh my baby.. Stephen.. are you okay?" Claire asks as she gets next to Stephen.
     "Now I am.. thanks to Daniel.." Stephen softly smiles at him. "You were right Claire.. I should have fixed that cupboard months ago. I guess my laziness will get me someday.."
     "What in the name of God was that all about?!" Claire asks us in shock. "That's impossible.. what are you Daniel!?"
     "Claire.. listen.." Sean says.
    "They saved me Claire.. that's all that matters."
Stephen says.
      "Maybe.. it was a miracle.." Claire says. "Thank you lord.."
We hear a doorbell, Claire looks out the window.
      "It's the sheriff.." Claire gasps.
     "Stephen? Claire?" A voice asks from the door.
     "Sean.. I didn't.. we didn't call them!" Claire whispers.
     "I know, grandma.." Sean sighs.
     "They were spotted at the Christmas market, earlier today." The voice says at the door.
     "Sean? Y/n? What are we gonna do??" Daniel asks us.
     "Go hide in the garage!" Stephen exclaims.
     "No.. no.. no way!" Sean exclaims. "If the police search the house, that makes the two of you accomplices.."
      "Get your bags and go out the back door.." Claire tells us. "I'll distract him.."
     "Really?" Sean asks.
     "Yes.. now.. get the hell out of here!" Stephen says.
     "I'm so sorry.." Claire says teary eyed. "For everything. I wish we could have helped you more. I wish you could stay here with us. Watch out for your brother Sean, you too y/n."
    "Yes, be careful." Stephen tells us. "We'll see you as soon as we can, okay?"
     Daniel gave Stephen a hug as did I. Even though we just got in a fight with Claire, I still loved them.
      "Thanks for helping us.." Sean says, joining the hug. "Both of you."
     "Thank you guys.. so much.." I say, gasping for air.
     "Oh we love you guys.. so much.." Claire says as she goes towards the door. "Now hurry up!"
     "Daniel, y/n, wait for me while I go upstairs." Sean says as he runs upstairs.
  I pick Mushroom up from the ground and run to the backdoor with Daniel. Daniel and I rush to put on our shoes and jackets. Sean comes back with our bags and I grab them from his hands to give him more time. I give Daniel his bag and I open the door for them.
    "Move your ass, guys..." I whisper as I hug onto Mushroom.
  I quietly shut the door and speed up with them. We see a cop coming from the right.
    "Shit.. this way." Sean leads us towards Chris's house.
  We run towards Chris's house and see Chris sitting on a swing.
    "Daniel, what's going on?" Chris asks.
    "Hey! Chris.." Daniel responds.
     "You okay?" Chris asks.
    "Yeah.. no.. we have to leave right now." Daniel sighs.
     "Aww, I knew you wouldn't stay.." Chris sighs.
    "Sorry.. wish we could.." Daniel says.
     "You better come back." Chris says. "Hold on a second.."
Chris gives Daniel his Captain Spirit cape.
      "Here, this is your cape." Chris says with a smile. "You're the real hero."
     "Thanks Chris!" Daniel gives him a big smile. "That's super cool! Like you.."
     "Daniel, lets go!" Sean says.
   Sean starts to pull Daniel.
     "Take the Troll Forest shortcut." Chris says. "It's right through there. Nobody will find you!"
      "Chris.. you rock!" Sean exclaims.
     "Thank you Chris!" I add as we run off.
      "Goodbye, Captain Spirt!" Daniel says.
     "See you around, Superwolf! The Spirt squad will stay united forever!" Chris exclaims as we leave.
  Daniel and I turn around and see Chris doing the team signal. Daniel does the team signal back to him. I couldn't because I had Mushroom in my hands, but I tried without dropping her. After that, we run off.
   Late afternoon we were by a train track, sitting down. I sat in silence will Sean and Daniel we're talking, petting Mushroom.
     "Sean, I'm tired of running away.. why does my power always bring trouble?" Daniel asks.
      "You don't have to use your power.. if you don't want to." Sean says, teary eyed.
   I noticed right away Sean was upset and took his hand and hold it.
     "But.. I'm good with it.. and I'm the only one who can do these things.." Daniel says.
    "I know Daniel but.. you need to be careful, and listen to your brother and y/n.."
      "You think we'll see Grandma and Grandpa again?" Daniel asks us.
     "I don't know.. we'll see.." Sean admits.
    "Where are we gonna go now..?" Daniel asks Sean. "See.. see Mom?"
     "No way, man. We don't need her, okay?" Sean says.
     "But.. she said she wanted to find us!" Daniel exclaims.
      "We stick the the plan, we go to Puerto Lobos." Sean announces to us. "No one will tell us what to do, we can be whoever we want."
     "You think?" Daniel asks. " I don't know.."
     "Trust me man. From now on.. we make our own rules." Sean says.
    "I remember when Me, Max and Chloe did that!" I giggle through tears. "We has so much fun, til everything happened.."
      "What?" Daniel asks.
     "They were my friends.. best friends. In Arcadia Bay. One day I hope to reunite with them." I smile. "It's a long story. I'll tell you while we're walking, everything."
     "Look.. I got you a present." Sean announces, changing the conversation.
  I let go of Sean's hand as he reached for his bag.
     "Merry Christmas enano." Sean smiles at Daniel.
     "Here y/n, I was able to get another one while you were busy."

     "It Christmas is in two weeks!" Daniel exclaims.
     "Who cares? Dates are boring. Here." Sean gives us our gifts.
     "It's super cute!" Daniel giggles.
Sean got us a bear sitting in a chair, it was so cute. Daniel gave Sean a hug and I sat there smiling at them.
     "Early Christmas is the best!" Daniel smiles.
     "Thanks Sean. I got you both something too." I smile as I get them out.
  I hand Daniel a power bear action figure I was able to find. I got Sean another drawing book, considering he could run out of pages anytime, and he'll have another one ready. I made sure to write his name on the front in pretty font.
     "It's not much, I was able to find these though..." I say, embarrassed. I hadn't really had a proper "Christmas" with people I love in years.
     "It's perfect y/n! Thanks!" Daniel giggles.
    "I agree, thank you y/n." Sean adds.
    "Well, if we're giving out gifts now, I got you guys something too." Daniel smiles.
  He pulls out two papers.
     "I wanted to finish it, but, we're doing it now so.." Daniel sighs.
   It was a drawing of me, in a super hero costume.
     "Aw man! That's so cool." Sean smiles.
    "It's awesome, Daniel." I add.
    "Hey.. listen..." Daniel says as I hear a train.
    "That's our ride." Sean announces and gets up. "Come on, all aboard."
I put the drawing in my bag and pick up Mushroom.   
     We find a part of the train with a ladder and Daniel climbs on first. I hand him Mushroom while running and then get on as fast as I can, and help Sean the best I can. We all got on safely, and sit down to get comfortable.
  Once we were all situated and comfortable, I sat next to Sean and cuddled up next to him. I looked up and him and seen him smiling at me. I giggle back and put my head on his shoulder, and look at Daniel. Daniel was holding Mushroom and smirking at me and wiggling his eyebrows. I start to crack up and Sean puts his arm around me, pulling me closer to him. I finally understood my feelings for Sean.. Finally.. I can understand what it's like to have feelings for someone again.. someone has amazing as him.