Chapter 7

(Undertown Market place. 15:04)

Ben looked around curiously while Rook kept his stoic composure the whole time since they start to explore the Undertown Market.

"I am aware that I am new here, Ben-Dude-" Before Rook could finish, Ben sighed and turned to face him, before giving him a flat look.

"Dude...Call. Me. Ben." Ben growled, Clearly showing his annoyances with the new name, his new partner has picked for him. Rook thoughts it over an nods.

"OK. Shouldn't. We. Be. Looking. For. Those. Lowlifes?" Rook emphasize every word that comes out of his mouth, successfully making The Ultimatrix bearer face palmed at his rather annoying behavior.

The alien shape shifter sighed in defeat, before once again looked curiously at his surroundings. "How long has there been an Undertown?" Ben asked curiously.

"Since Earth became an open system...though I think they have started it after the Forever Knights threatened many of their lives, during this...'Purge', was it?" rook asked as Ben cringed and instantly looked down.

"...what happened"

"A plumbers kid named Pierce was killed...and who knows how many others..." Ben muttered and clenched both of his fists. Rook saw this and looked down with guilt from bringing a bad memories towards ben.

"I am sorry...I didn't mean to offend you. Please, Accept my humble apology." Rook apologized as Ben put a hand on his shoulder and gave him a reassuring nod.

"It's cool, Rook, really." That's when ben heard his stomach growled a bit as he saw a rabbit-like alien wearing a tank top and a pair of blue pants with yellow-like eyes covered with robotic covers.

"Tentacles on a stick here! Come on up, Tentacles! With or without suckers. We got anything, from earth octopus and cuttlefish to Pissicus Tentacons." The rabbit advertised as Ben rubbed his stomach hungrily.

"...desperate times, huh?" Ben asked to himself as he walks up. "You like fish, right Rook?"

"Iam not quite sure..." Rook uncertaintly walked up alongside The Ultimatrix bearer.

"Two tentacles, please." Ben ordered as the rabbit looked at the duo.

"With or without suckers?" He asked as Ben and Rook looked at each other, before handing the money to the rabbit.

"...with I guess." Ben shrugging, unsure of how the way his grandfather would make the culinary.

Rook stood in front of the culinary seller and revealed his plumber badge, which was a black and silver circle with a green hourglass symbol akin to the Ultimatrix in Ben wrist.

"Excuse me, the two of us are plumbers on a case, we were wondering if you saw three bipedal organisms run by, two of which are cybernetic in nature." Rook asked politely. the rabbit widening both of his eyes, before looking around nervously.

"Uh...nope, haven't seen anything like that." He smiled nervously before quickly got onto his hoverbike and closed his shop.

"Listen, I don't see you, or anyone. I gotta go, bye." the vendor instantly drove off, leaving the duo staring at his retreating form.

"HEY, WHAT ABOUT OUR FOOD?" Ben shouted furiously. His money, Gone.

"Why did you have to show your badge like that, dude?. Did you know how much money, that he took from my pocket?" Ben yelled in annoyance as Rook scratching his neck sheepishly.

"I was just trying to gathering information...I believe I acted rashly." Rook confessed as Ben face palmed.

"no sweat...I kind of missed breakfast...and my MONEY." Ben frustratingly scratching his head. The shape shifting hero decided to moving along with Rook followed closely from behind.

"I apologize again. This is the first time I've been away from my home, Revonnah. There, the most exciting thing there is keeping rodents out of the grain silos." Rook explained as the Ultimatrix wielder turned around and gave him an odd look.

"You got those fighting skills...for protecting alien wheat?" Ben asked in awe.

"on Revonnah, the rodents are quite large." Rook explained, unaware of a creature crawling around, waiting for a opportune moment.

"must be some BIG rodents...huh Rook" Ben muttered as he looked around the stalls.

"Hmm...where do you think those guys went?" The ultimatrix wielder wondered.

"In that case, I believe we should continue our search?" Rook suggested, with Ben shrugged nonchalantly.

"Don't worry. If the Big bad alien criminals wants to find us, they'll look for us and say something like 'You are here to ruin my plan, Ben Tennyson' and boom, we find them." Ben smirked, Clearly confident with his statement.

"I will continue to investigate." Rook informed while heading towards an insect-like creature with an odd-looking balloon. "Hello, we are Plumbers on a case. Have you seen any strange activity?"

"And there goes the new guy..." Ben muttered while face palming. That's when The Ultimatrix bearer heard his own stomach growled a bit.

"Guess i'm just look for something to eat for now." Ben urgently decided, unaware of the monster that watching him from afar with piercing red eyes.

"Get your Protozoan Smoothies!" a voice exclaimed, getting the duo attention as they went to the source of the voice, which was a large, worm-like creature. Another alien handed him something that looked like a square piece of crystal as he spat out a colored liquid orb and put a straw in it. the creature proceed to took the smoothies and took a sip out of it.

"...Eww..." Ben clearly disgusted by that. Followed by his partner who looked equally grossed out as well.

"IS that even safe...for humans, I mean?" Ben asked as the worm narrowing his eyes at him.

"Hey, listen here, monkey boy..." the worm was about to lecturing the Ultimatrix bearer about insulting other people business, but stopped when he heard a loud roar. Everyone turned at the sound origin to reveal a quadruped monster, snarling at them.

"Another monster?" Ben asked confusingly. The creature had a large build, about the size of a lion, with black, white and red scales. It have a black head with white patches over both sides, each with piercing red eyes (two on each side). It have sharp teeth on protruding jaws, and red stripes going down it's back. Complete with a black stripe going down to it's tail with a red callor around it's neck.

The monster roars as it charges at them. Rook quickly moving the child out of the way as the creature charged right for Ben.

Ben rolled out of the way as the monster, smashing into the stand. "uh...Its Hero Time again, I guess?" Ben put the sleeve of his green jacket aside, revealing his Ultimatrix.