I'm A What Now?

Mulai dari awal

"That means welcome" Wyatt informed us. My mouth formed an o shaped and I nodded in understanding.

My cousin, being the more outgoing one, took it upon herself to jump right into the language and try it herself. And weird as it may sound but I heard a difference between the pitch of the howl, and I was right to assume it didn't mean welcome.
The den erupted in joyous chuckles.

Wynter's face scrunched up in confusion. "Ostrich boots?"

Wyatt, letting out a chuckle himself spoke in defense of Addison. "No I think Addison meant-" he let out the familiar howl of 'welcome'.

With a nod Addison took a second go at the word (or howl).

Wyatt lost all of his 'tough guy' demeanor, letting a laugh from deep within rake out of him.

I turned my head to see him hunch forward slightly in laughter and one thought came to mind.

Cute.

"Polkadot unicorn?"

I giggled softly at the translation.

Addison quickly apologized before giving it another go.

Third time's the charm I hope.

She let out another howl, except this time the reaction wasn't the same.

The adult werewolves offendedly gasped and covered the ears of the children near then. Although the kids who could hear let out giggles to what I assumed to be a bad word.

"Whoa language, there are werepups around" Wyatt warned, I placed a cold hand over my mouth to stifle the small amount of laughter I let out at this.

With her face stern from hearing the foul word, Winter added "She needs to put a pebble in the swear-wolf jar".

The wolves in the wolf den howled altogether in what I assumed to be agreement.

I giggled once more, but the fun was quickly over as Willa had clearly had enough.

"This is not why we brought them here" she frustratedly pointed out, giving her brother a mean look.

I took this as an opportunity to fake cough and announce "kidnapped" before grinning at the three werewolves.

Wynter laughed until she noticed Willa's unamused stare.

Wyatt- in what seemed to be adoration- smiled at my antics.

His touch left my body as he went to grab something that seemed almost hidden in the corner of the cave.

It was revealed to be a glowing stone, similar to the ones hanging from their necks. By lifting it to eye level, under the light of the moon, it reflected onto the cave wall. This amazed me and once again my lips parted at the sight before me.

The reflected beam of light showed a figure. A girl. The only features that showed through the darkness was her pale white hair and her glowing green eyes as she howled into the night.

Pale white hair, just like Addison.

Glowing green eyes, just like me.

A bunch of questions jumbled through my mind in an uncomfortable hassle.

Wyatt leaned closer to me, cheek almost touching cheek. He was the one who spoke first.

"I believe you will lead us to the moonstone". His words although spoken out to my cousin and I, clearly were directed to me.

Willa cleared her throat in annoyance.

"One of you will lead us to the moonstone" the boy corrected.