10

Calvin stared at the familiar small house in front of him as he debated whether to go and knock the door or just leave. He took two step forward and stop, he couldn't bring himself to take more steps. He decided to leave. As he turned and took a first step away he heard the sound of a door opening. He closed his eyes and silently cursed. 'Just when I decided to quietly leave!!' He sighed.

"What brings you here?" a familiar voice questioned. He slowly turned back to face him and there he was, looking tired as always. If anything he looked more tired than that night, he looked like he hasn't eaten or slept for days. The happy smily Haroon he once got to know was all gone.

"By any chance have you talked or meet with Winnie since yesterday?" was the first thing that came out of his mouth. He internally cursed. But then again isn't that what really brought him there?

"And for a moment I thought you were here to give me condolences," Haroon scoffed. 'Winnie was right, he really did come here early in the morning to look for her' He thought.

"Don't give me that look!! Don't make me pity you!" He told him in annoyance, "You know that you have no one to blame for your situation but yourself. Your mother died because of you. You could have easily saved her if you just took your share. You could have done anything you want, you could have everything you desire. You're the one who chose this hard path."

"Do you know what I have been desiring the most these days? Going back to the time where Mike, me and you would just hang out after school, playing basketball. Go to his house and play games until late at night and we would pass out in his living room. That is what I'm desiring the most. Can money give me that? You said I could get anything I want," Haroon said in a low broken voice.

"You say this is the hard path, but hasn't that easier path we took cost us so much already? How can I still go on that path? When it hurts this much how can I still go on that path?" Tears fell down from his eye. "Don't you ever regret it? I can barely sleep a wink at night, I regret it every single day, I ask myself so many questions. If only I made a different choice, if only I could go back in time. If only Mike was still alive," he closed his eyes to prevent more tears from falling.

"What is the point of regretting now??" Calvin asked him, his face lacking any emotions. "He is dead now, there's nothing you can do about it. The sooner you accept it the better. Until when are you planning to live this pathetic life?"

"I don't deserve a good life. We both don't."

"Maybe you don't, but I do." Calvin answered before turning back and head towards his car.

"Just leave Winnie alone. If she finds out the truth-"

Calvin abruptly stopped, he turned back and angrily sprinted towards him and grabbed the collars of his sweater, "How will she ever find out? As long as you shut your mouth everything will be alright. So make sure you do your part and we won't have a problem!" he angrily pushed him down and got in his car before driving away in a full speed.

Haroon sat down there watching Calvin's car leave. 'How did we reach here?' Haroon could feel his eyes become watery. He lowered his head and closed his eyes, a tear fell to the ground, he suddenly heard a voice, the voice he knew so well.

"How many times have I told you to not lower your head?" Haroon looked up to see Michael standing infront of him, his back rested on the tree, one leg a bit crossed over the other, his hands were crossed on his chest and he had that signature smile. He looked handsome as always. Haroon smiled back at him.

"Exactly, that's it. Smile more Man. Smile suits you best," Michael smiled even wider after seeing Haroon smile, he then started laughing, his strong broad shoulder shaking a little as he did so.