XII

Bakugou was never as happy as he currently is. The last time he was, was perhaps when he won a competition for the first time, and when he entered university for the culinary arts course, but other than those special moments? Nothing else compared.

   He was happy as he walked to work, and when some school kid bumped into him, he wasn't even mad. He just continued on with his life, and ignored the fact he was one minute late to work. He walked inside, and saw Uraraka cleaning the counter in the shop.

   "Good morning Bakugou- Wow! You are smiling!" she laughed, pointing at his face.

   His smile dropped, but he didn't frown. "Good morning, or whatever," he shrugged, entering the kitchen, and ignoring Uraraka's happy gasp. "Good morning, I guess," he said, greeting everyone else who was just in the kitchen organising things to begin their day.

   Everyone just stared at him, the shock of being greeted so cheerfully by Bakugou surprising them.

   Iida recovered first. "Good morning, Bakugou! Have you slept well? You look much brighter than you have been these days," he said.

   Bakugou nodded with a shrug. "I finally made up with my parents," he said with a small grin. "And I slept well for once," he said.

   "For once?" asked Midoriya, slightly confused. "Don't you sleep well when you are with Kirishima?" he asked.

   Uraraka spat out a laugh as she realised the implication, and Iida stopped functioning. Asui chuckled a laugh.

   "I mean. When you have a sleepover," said Midoriya, correcting himself with a short awkward chuckle.

   "Hah? Yeah, I guess, but I sleep better when I am in a good mood," said Bakugou, ignoring his blush, and starting to work. "Anyway. Any custom orders to complete today?" he asked.

   "Uh, yes!" nodded Iida. "We got one yesterday, actually, here is the detailed order," he said, handing Bakugou a notebook where they usually write down all the orders.

   "Vegetarian, huh?" he sighed, looking over the order. "And another is... a normal cake with specific decoration," he thought aloud, looking over the design the customer wanted. "I'll take that order, then," he said.

   "I'll do the vegetarian cake," said Iida, with a nod. "Shall we get to work, they are meant for this evening, but we can finish them early so they rest," he said.

   "Yeah," he nodded. 

   "Oh! Shall I help?" asked Midoriya. "I mean, the order had quite specific decoration. I could begin making the icing and stuff along with the cream," he said.

   Bakugou shrugged. "Wouldn't it be better to do so as it is cooking?" he asked, getting ingredients.

   "Uh. I guess?" Midoriya sighed, slightly sad, but still cheerful for whatever else he could do.

   "Then... then you could help make the cake too," shrugged Bakugou, avoiding his gaze. "The order has two flavours," he said.

   "Oh! Okay! Which flavour should I do?" he asked.

   "Do the vanilla. Make it strong. I will do the chocolate flavour," said Bakugou.

   "Okay!"

   Iida asked Asui for help, as they had enough batches to last until the next day at least. Uraraka worked happily at the till, and laughed with many customers as they enjoyed their time in the shop.

   By the time lunch came around, both of the orders' cakes were baked, and were currently getting cooler so that the groups could begin assembling and decorating the cakes.