Chapter V: Shopping

Start from the beginning

Yes, Dudley.” I turned my smile in his direction as I finally let Petunia―whose face had turned a motley shade of red―go. “I am making fun of you. You're a stupid, idiotic child. I've seen monkeys at the zoo who are smarter than you are.”

That does it! I'll show you!”

I watched Dudley charge me the same time Petunia's eyes widened and her face paled.

My smile widened as I raised my hand.

Dudley don't!”

Too late. With a burst of my power, Dudley was sent flying into the kitchen where he ended up smacking his head on the stove.

Petunia tried to run to her son, but with some more power, I had her floating in the air, hovering there and looking like a fish out of water. It was funny to watch her flap about.

Dudley! Dudley! Let me go...! I need to get to my Diddykins!”

I'm afraid I can't let you go,” I told the woman. “You see, your husband isn't letting me go to my martial arts lessons, so letting you go to your son is just out of the question.” I watched Petunia paled and just barely hid my grin as I tapped a finger against my chin. “But, maybe if you convince Vernon to let me learn martial arts, I'll let you go to your son.”

Yes! Yes! Whatever you want! Please, just let me go!”

Without much ceremony, I dropped the woman on the ground. A chuckle escaped my lips as the horse-like woman scrambled towards her son and began to frantically call his name to no effect. I would later learn that Dudley received a concussion.

The thought honestly didn't bother me all that much. This would serve as a good lesson to them about what would happen whenever they didn't listen to me.

XoX

It was nearly two hours after Harry had first entered Gringotts that he found himself standing outside of its doors once more. The sunlight hit his face, forcing him to squint due to how much time he'd spent in the darkened passageways where his vaults were held.

Taking out the Hogwarts letter from within his back pack, Harry pulled out and unfolded the second piece of paper that he had found attached to the first. It was a list of all the things he was required to buy for Hogwarts:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)

2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emetic Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger