Chapter (14): Cleaning Up

Start from the beginning

"Chloe?"

"Yeah?" she said softly.

"If you keep this, I'm gonna sleep and this time I won't wake up"

She laughed softly then stopped and returned back to her seat.

"I don't know what else to say except thank you"

"You don't need to thank me" She smiled at her and held her hand.

*****************************

Avery woke up groaning from her pounding head and covered her face from the sun rays and turned to the other side of the bed, feeling a terrible headache. She found a glass of water and a pill, so she sat properly on the bed and took the pill.

Realizing she was wearing a dress, she took it off and headed to take a shower, a cold one to wake her up from her hangover then headed downstairs feeling hungry.

She was walking slowly and even slowed down her pace when she heard two people talking. She hid in the corner and set her eyes on Danni and a girl.

"I don't know what else to say except thank you"

"You don't need to thank me"

And the unexpected happened, the girl held Danni's hand and rubbed her thumb over her hand and Danni's eyes darted from her eyes to the hand holding hers and what Avery sure she saw was that the girl was leaning closer to Danni and so was Danni. Before anything could happen, Avery entered the kitchen pretended to yawn and stretch her hands. On the cue of that they pulled away before anything could happen and looked away.

"Oh! Sorry, did I interrupt something?" she asked.

"No" said Danni as she stood up to wash the cups.

"Okay, I'm leaving" said Chloe.

"Now?" asked Danni. "But it's still early"

"I know" She chuckled. "My dad and Abigail are soon gonna be here and I have to go to work anyway so..."

"Okay then... Thanks once again"

"You are welcome. Don't forget to have some rest"

Chloe smiled and gave her a kiss on her cheek and lingered there for a moment before she left. Avery was standing with her arms crossed defensively and Danni looked at her.

"Make me a breakfast" She ordered.

"You are gonna have to make it yourself, I'm leaving"

"Uh, you work here remember?"

"I think that the only one who needs to refresh their memory is you. Just remember what you were about to do last night"

She left the kitchen and headed for the door, she opened it and found April stepping out of her car.

"Hey" She smiled.

"Hey, you" said Danni.

"What are you doing here? Don't you like work here at night?"

"I do but I stayed all night cleaning up your friend's mess"

"Is she there?" she asked as her face turned sternly.

"Yes she is and she is hungry... so please make her the breakfast. I need some rest from all this"

"Sure... and I need to talk to her about her 'late attitude'"

"Okay. See you later"

"Laters"

Danni rode her vespa and left and April entered the house, waiting for the moment to have a conversation with her friend.