Chapter 42

A/N: Update! Can't leave cliff hangers wait too long!(: Plus, I can never resist the urge to post. I have no life lol

SONG OF THE DAY:Gangnam Style (I don't like this song, but it's stuck in my head. -.-)

--------------------------------------

Niall

I didn't know what to say, and it was almost as if my mind had went blank. I wanted to speak, but I just couldn't seem to say anything. I was staring back at Mady like an idiot, not sure of whether to tell her the truth or not. I guess that right now silence was my best and only defense.

"Niall," Mady repeated, slightly more concerned this time. The tone in her voice made me hate myself for being silent, so I went ahead and managed to say a few things.

"Trust me," I started, brushing my fingertips along her arm. "You don't want to know what the ring is for. At least not yet."

Mady raised an eyebrow out of confusion. I knew she wouldn't understand me. I sighed, looking to the floor and not saying anything.

"You're not making any sense," Mady informed me. I took a deep breath. "Just tell me what's going on."

"Mady, I said you don't--"

"Please." She grabbed hold of my arm, gazing directly into my eyes. I bit my lip, melting under the pressure. Deciding that now had to be the time, I took the ring out of her palm.

"Nialler, what are you.." she started, getting cut off by me bending down on one knee.

I grabbed her hand, and she stared at me expressionlessly as I slid the ring on her finger. She looked back down at me, and I gave her a passionate smile.

"Mady, I didn't want you to find out this way," I began, nervous as ever. "Anyways, I want you to know that... I love you. I want to be with you forever. Will you make me the happiest person in the world and.. marry me?"

I stared deeply into her eyes, and she gave me the widest grin I've ever seen anyone give me. She nodded uncontrollably, and I rose to my feet with grace. Mady ran to me, throwing herself into my arms. I caught her, my arms wrapped securely around her waist.

"Of course I'll marry you. You made me the happiest girl in the world," she told me. "I love you, too."

I kissed her gently on the forehead, twirling her around like a ballerina. She giggled, and it only made me want to tease and mess with her emotions even more. With that, I tackled her down onto the bed, attacking her lips with kisses.

She kissed me back, her tongue gliding over my bottom lip asking for permission. I opened my mouth, and our tongues tangled together with passion. She was laying on top of me now, and I was rubbing circles into her back. Mady combed her fingers through my light hair, and for a moment I did the same to her.

We eventually pulled away, and Mady studied the ring on her finger. She looked up at me, a cheeky grin plastered on her face. She giggled, leaving me confused.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked her, beaming in her direction. She chuckled again.

"I'm smiling at how cute you are," she told me, causing my face to heat up. "Your parents made one beautiful boy."

I smiled at her. "Thanks."

She interwined her fingers with mine, and we headed out the door, hand in hand. We headed down the staircase, eager to tell the lads about my proposal.

"So, you guys are getting married?" Lou wanted to know, practically jumping up and down with excitement. "That's so sweet!"

I was surprised, because for once Tommo wasn't being dirty minded.

"You proposed already?" Harry stepped in, causing everyone in the room to look over at him. I almost wish he wouldn't of said that. "Oh, shit." He mumbled under his breath.

"Wait, Harry knew?" Mady turned to me. I nodded, looking up at her with full attention.

"Yeah. The truth is," I took a deep breath. "Harry and I didn't go for breakfast. We went to go ring shopping. He was the only one that knew about how I was going to propose to you. The reason I told him was because I felt he knew you the best. That's all."

Mady nodded. "I was going to say something before. You guys are pretty bad liars."

Harry and I laughed.

"We know." We said in sync.

"When's the big wedding day?" Liam wanted to know, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I shurgged my shoulders.

"We haven't planned that yet," I looked over at Mady. "Soon, though."

"I'm so happy for you guys," Zayn chipped in, a wide grin spread across his face. "The lads and I will do everything we can to make the perfect wedding for you two."

"Thanks, man. That means a lot," I said to the Bradford boy, walking over to wrap him in a bone-crushing hug.

A smile on all of our faces, we wrapped our arms around each other in a group hug. One arm was around Mady, the other was around Zayn.

Mady's arm was around me, the other around Harry. Harry's arm was around Lou, and other around Mady. Lou's arm was around Harry, the other around Liam. Liam had his arm around Zayn, and that's where the circle ended.

It's amazing that everything started with a contest. Mady just happened to be that winner, and here we're going to get married. Who ever thought that would happen?

If anything, I expected her to fall for Harry or something. Now I see that they are obviously no more than best friends, but before I thought they fancied each other. Boy, was I dumb and clueless.

------------------------------------------------

A/N: HE PROPOSED! AWWWH!

I'm sure @Miss_Nialler enjoyed the chapter.. but would about you guys? Post a comment on what you think! I can take criticism!(:

-Reese Styles <3