1: Back to the past

"You-- how dare you William Shint?!"

I glared at my fiance who is holding the hand of my friend, fury is all I feel hearing the surrounding people snickering and mocking me.

'I don't understand, after all we've been through, after all I've sacrificed for these two, yet they dare betray me?!'

"I'm sorry Ann, but it's not my fault you're dumb!" Betty Gray my 'friend' mockingly says as she clung to William's arm, pressing her bust against it, intentionally showing her cleavage, William even eyed her with lust filled eyes.

Disgusting.

'I cannot believe myself for believing these rotten dogs, I hate myself for falling to their trap!'

"Now enough with the talking.... Ann give me the essence crystal! Or else..."

'Tch. After using me to kill the 3 tier 5 zombie kings, nearly dying for their sakes, now even wanting to have the essence crystal?'

"Now that I realized, I'm really am dumb for believing you dog couple, so ungrateful.... but what do I expect from pheasant born people like you?"

"You---!!!"

'Pffft God! looking at their red faces really is fun!!!'

"You leave me no choice!" William's earth element materialized into a hammer as he attack me.

"You really underestimated me...."

A wind barrier surrounded me, I swallowed the essence core, feeling the power inside me grow, but I'm already dying.... might as well bring them down with me.

"Self Destruct!"

I used my already depleted heart core, my chest glowing with Amber and Azure glow.

"Anne you're crazy!!!"

"God! Annalyn is self destructing!"

"And she's peak tier 4! Her self destruct might cover 200 yards!!!"

"SHIT! Run!!!"

"Ha Ha hahahaha!!! Hahaha!! TOO LATE!"

.....

Annalyn opened her eyes, cold sweat trickling down her forehead.

"What the hell-- wait."

She touches her body all over and feeling it was not enough she stumbles from her bed to the closest glass window, when Ann saw her face, she couldn't help but gasp.

"Aren't I supposed to be... dead?" Looking at the face reflected, Ann trembled, her gaze shifted pass her reflection and saw the street lights, busy cars, high buildings, that she never knew it's beautiful, she have always missed these...

'Is this a dream? Or it was a horrible nightmare...?'

"But it's too vivid..."

Questions filled her head as she dazedly returned to her bed, her phone suddenly ringed, she pick it up and saw the date.

February 10, XX20
12:47 am

"A year before the apocalypse...." Ann then looked at the message sent to her, but after reading the sender she let out a self loathing smile.

William ➡You

I left my wallet. Could you pay the bill? It's in street X, Rose Petal Bar.

'If I remember, this is when Will-- that shit said he needed to hang out with his friends... while secretly cheating with my frien-- that thot....' Ann sighed

"Not only did I have to pay the huge sum he wasted on drinks and showing off to his friends, I even paid for the luxury car he gifted to Betty!"

"God! I'm really this stupid?!"

Ignoring the message, Ann took a shower because she was soaked in sweat, then changed into a comfy t shirt and shorts.

Ann sat on cross legged in her veranda as she cleared her mind.

Year XX20 a strange disease caused half of the human population to perish, it only took half a day to make the world panic at the fast rate of deaths continuing to increase.

Those who got it start with no appetite, next is a bit unresponding or always in daze, then decreasing of bloodcells, and started to get violent.

And death.

Those who survive grew healthy and strong, however only 28% survived to those who are affected.

Scientists and researchers around earth studied the disease but they have only uncovered a small part of this strange disease.

That is surviving the 'disease' makes the immune system and body stronger and those who died rots faster that normal festering dead.

They tried to use the antibodies of those who recovered but the results differ to each person and they are still researching about it till that year.

20 years already passed.

People were almost recovered. But the usual morning everybody expected turned into a view with blackest clouds, unable to see the sun.

Blood like rain continued for a day and when the sun was back, undead has risen.

People can still fight against the undeads with guns and technology's, but not everyone can get one for themselves, greed was also there... so the deaths continued to increase.

When hope is almost gone some people appeared , with inhumane strength, supernatural powers,  they singlehandedly protected a small city where their shelter is. People call them Awakened.

However humans aren't the only one to evolve, the undead, and some animals and plants started to evolve too, as humans grew stronger the zombies too, so all are in stalemate.

After clearing her mind Ann extended her senses to her surroundings, the sound of the cars, people's voices, the feel of wind blowing by... everything.

Ann concentrated like this for 7 hours till she felt something, while her eyes close she can feel as if she can see colorful particles around her.

"S-such thick mana ! Is it because no one has discovered mana yet?"