Part Three

A whole week went by, that weekend, Tatsuo and his senpai spent the whole day together.

I was left fighting the final boss by myself. I didn't defeat it.

I was excited to spend time with Tatsuo that next weekend.

But he cancelled again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

I was getting fed up. But I didn't have the right to complain. He was finally expanding his social circle. I would be a hypocrite if I stopped him from spending time with his friends.

It was lunch time. Tatsuo was running late for once. He was excused during the middle of our last period that morning. The reason was club activities.

I sighed when I saw the same meal I had this morning in my bento box. I took out my metal chopsticks and started eating.

I miss Tatsuo.

In my eyes, he looked happier now than when there only the two of us.

Is this really the end of our friendship? I really thought situations like these only happened in movies.

I put my hands on my cheeks.

I was being ridiculous. Tatsuo was not that kind of person.

Tatsuo was caring. He looked out for me always. We had each other's backs. It was never just Mi-chan.

It was always Mi-chan and Tatsuo-kun. Nothing more, nothing less.

I stopped feeling bad. I ate my food faster so I could talk to Tatsuo more when he comes.

He's always been my bestfriend. Nothing can change that.

~~~~~~~~~~

I was slumped against the wall in boredom, an empty bento box neatly placed beside me. I looked at my wristwatch. It was almost time for classes to continue.

Minutes felt like hours. The sounds of running footsteps pulled me out from my sleepy state.

"Mi-chan!!" Tatsuo panted.

"Tatsuo-kun!" I grinned excitedly. "Hurry up and eat. Its almost time for the bell to ring."

"Mi-cha—"

"Where's your bento? Come on, we're gonna be late."

"I'm supposed to be excused the whole afternoon, Mi-chan."

"Eh? Why?" That's okay, were still going to spend time walking home together.

"Club activities again." He chuckled to himself.

"Oh." My smile dimmed a little. "Well, you're still gonna need to eat so hurry up!"

"Mi-chan, I already ate. "

"..."

"Izumi-san and the others invited me to eat with them. I thought it'd be rude to decline so I accepted." He smiled.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" He noticed my silence.

"It's nothing. I just noticed how busy you were these past weeks."

Izumi-san? They're already on first name basis?

"Sorry about that. I did try to find time for you, Mi-chan but things have been pretty busy these days." He apologized.

"It's fine."

It's not fine.

"How about this Friday? We can defeat that final boss like I promised last time." He suggested.