PROLOGUE

Y'aall listen to the music in the MM, it'll make the chapters hit different. I might put you on to something 😌💥

PROLOGUE

"Lan! Lan-Lando! Plea- pleease! I mean it when I tell you that nothin' happened baby! Nothin'! I swear to you!" I'm pleading at the highest volume that my voice goes to.

My vocal chords are already in my throat crying for some peace. The same as I am right now. I'm going to feel all this yelling in the morning, but I can't help but try and bust glass.

Right now, what's happening to me is old news to, but it'll always be rib breaking news until the topic switches.

Even though it's been going on for about ten minutes now since we got back to the crib, I can't put a cap on my outbursts as a band of punches march all over my torso.

Towering over me being the one to dish them out, my husband of two years DeLando Camp's blows rain down on me like bombs.

I know. I know. You're thinking oh hell nah. Yeah, that's how I felt the first time it happened a few years back, but... now I've come to an understanding with my husband. So before you get to jumping to conclusion, no, Lando is not a bad man. He just... loses control over his temper occasionally letting some of his anger out on me. Now I know that typically no man would treat his wife like this, putting his hands on her, but Lando doesn't come from a place of getting physical with me for no reason. Even if nobody else can get it, I understand his why.

Even though I can grasp the concept of why he has to beat my ass, that doesn't make it hurt physically any less.

Blow after blow, I scream out for bloody murder, and if he continues on the way he has for any longer that's what it will come to no doubt. The sound of Lando's fists beating against my face are like cracks of a whip beating the humanity and dignity out of me with each deck. My face turns shakily every which way with every which blow, never recovering from the last.

Without inconvenience to our neighbors, our Century City penthouse is lined with soundproof walls, so those people are saved from hearing my cries of mercy from our bedroom.

"Oh so you beggin' and pleadin' now huh? I don't- I don't wanna hear that shit! Shoulda thought about the consequences when you was doin' what you did! Shut! That! Shit! The

"Oh so you beggin' and pleadin' now huh? I don't- I don't wanna hear that shit! Shoulda thought about the consequences when you was doin' what you did! Shut! That! Shit! The. Fuck. Up!" he yells the last part chopping it up between punches.

"Ba- Baby I'm beggin' you please! It's not what you think it was!" I keep trying to appeal to him.

"Stop allat fuckin' noise bruh! You gon' make my gahdamn ears bleed!" he shouts back at me.