Chapter Five

Raphael's p.o.v
I huffed as Leo strolled out of the 'patients' room and told me to go in and watch her, "why should I" I asked and Leo gave me a steely glare "because Master Splinter in trusted me to be leader so what I say goes" he replied back and I stormed pass him, I would've put up a fight, I should've put up a fight but sensei had made me swear to try and fight less with my brothers, Leo most of all.

I growled as I stomped into the room and closed the door behind me, "y'know" a voice said behind me and I turned to see Karma looking at me from her bed "if you really don't wanna watch over me that much I could just tell 'em I'm fine on my own" she said calmly and I scoffed "and why would you do that" I asked and she shrugged "because I can tell you'd prefer to do anything else than sit here and watch me and it would spare a spat between you and your brother Leo over it" she said simply and I sighed, it didn't matter what she said, I had to do what Leo said, at least that's what I promised sensei, it would probably seem like I was dismissing orders if she said she was fine alone particularly if it was on my shift. The fact that I didn't trust her as far as I could throw her helped. She was to sly, to calm, to unbothered, it wasn't normal.

I sat at the seat beside her not answering her and he sat in silence for awhile "y'know I get the feeling you don't trust me" she chuckled and I grimaced and looked up at her "why would you get that impression" I growled and she stared me straight in the eye, that when I noticed the strange colours in her eyes, there were millions of colours drifting around her iris that merged and twirled and danced together in thousands dizzy patterns, they were hypnotic, her eyes narrowed slightly as she seemed to stare deeper into my own eyes and I felt as if she was burning a hole through my head, as hard as I tried to rip my gaze away from her colourful orbs but found it was impossible with her staring at me so intently but I didn't give up. She blinked and just like that I felt as if whatever spell I'd been under had been broken and tore my stare away from her, in all that time she hadn't blinked not even once and we must have been staring for quite awhile, it was almost impressive.

I could still feel her gaze on me and when I looked up I saw her the look in her eyes again while the colours still swirled I wasn't pulled into them and instead saw... sympathy in her eyes. "Please, Raphael, you have to learn to trust me and my friends I swear we won't hurt you or your family. I know you wouldn't allow it" she said and I was about to reply when she cut me off "I'm not done" she said and took a deep breathe before continuing "your brothers love you have no doubt about that, and you deserve their love more so than anyone else, you may fight with your brothers but all siblings do, you need to no that you more than deserve your family because they love all of you, even your flaws, not many people have a family who are as strong as that...." she trailed off after that and I didn't know what to say, she saw all that just by looking me in the eye. A wave of guilt swept over me when I saw her, she was looking down sadly at her hands, 'they love all of you, even your flaws' that was when she'd started to get so upset, she looked up and sighed "you deserve them, Raphael" she finished and looked me in the eye again, the wave of guilt had turned into an ocean and was attempting to drown me, I looked her I the eye I could see sympathy, kindness but mostly sadness and longing as well as well as a small hint of anger and then as if she flipped a switch all of those emotions disappeared and she was herself again but I had seen what she'd been trying to find.

I studied her as she sat in silence on the bed, in her hair she had several different colours of green, blues, purples, oranges, Yellows, pinks and coincidentally (a/n Yea right!) mostly a deep rich red strands that mixed together a bit like her eyes, she had pale skin that was dotted with hundreds of freckles all over her face, it was as if someone had splattered her face with brown paint and she also had red markings on her cheeks, eyelids and forehead. She had had a leather jacket that had been ripped in the fight and she now was wearing a deep velvet red t-shirt that had been underneath, she had loose black cargo pants on which were kept on by a old belt and she wore combat boots as her choice of footwear.

She had excellent posture compared to the others and seemed like she would be stronger as well, her voice was strange to sometimes she used perfect vocabulary and talked like she had an air of authority but other times she talked normally and her words merged and she'd shorten words and talked like everyone else, her all round air switched slot to sometimes she'd be deadly serious and blunt and others she'd be sly and seem unbothered by everything. There was no doubt this girl had some sort of issues and I silently in a moment of confusion vowed to find out why.

We sat for the rest of my shift in silence after her outburst and as a frenzy of questions filled my mind. I nearly didn't hear Mikey coming in once my shift was over, I said nothing as I passed him and walked over to the dojo and began to beat up the punching bag. I let out an aggravated yell as I slammed a roundhouse kick into the leather beat up punching bag and it went flying, I picked it up and hung it back on its hook and huffed as I made my way to my room.

I slammed the door closed and lay on my bed and closed my eyes but the second I did I saw two gleaming multi-coloured eyes, I groaned and after a hour or two of frustration, my only hope was to think this through, I figured that if I just ignored her I could do my shifts and not get in an argument with Leo but I could also just sit in silence and wait for it to be over and most importantly avoid looking her in the eyes, then I'd just leave and not think anymore about her. Blank her out. Satisfied with my plan I closed my eyes and drifted off, dreaming of a girl with an attitude and gleaming eyes.
--------------------------------------------hiya sorry for abandonating you put school is a bitch (what's new?) and our Christmas tests are on this week. Yep, non stop tests from Wednesday to Friday as you can probably guess oodles of fun -_-

So thx for reading my story and tell me what you think. Next up is Bonnie and Donnie's turn ;) you know who I'm talking about

And that probably seemed a bit creepy but you see Bonnie is based on my friend who LOVES Donnie so I'm just being the amazing (and extremely modest) friend I am and letting her know. And again, thx for reading and please tell me what you think biiiiiiiiii :)
-Vishnu