17

Briana Pov

I woke up reminiscing on the events from last night. I needed to keep my mind off of it . I can't lie I am feeling Gee but I can't put my heart out there if he's not ready . Not sure if I'm really ready. I had decided to check up on Dame since I heard they had released him today that would surely keep me busy.

I took a long hot shower and brushed my teeth. Intense Images of last night with Gee appeared whenever I closed my eyes . " Damn." I said to myself feeling myself get wet all over again. I closed my eyes tight and just let it sink in what we did before I ruined it . Everything was going great but I felt him tense up when I said I love you . "Ugh so stupid." I mocked myself.

I got out the shower and put on something cute and comfy. I looked in the mirror one last time and smiled but realized it was a hickey on my neck. I would worry if I had a man, but I still just covered it up with make up. Hickeys drew too much unwanted attention.

I left out the house and got into my car and pulled off. The hospital wasn't too far from my apartment complex. I started thinking about Kayne. I hadn't seen him in a month or two and that's weird. I hope he's alright. I bit my bottom lip thinking.

I pulled up to the hospital to see police surrounding it and yellow tape .

I got out the car and walked towards the crime scene.
" Ma'am you cannot be too close to the crime scene." a cocky and tall officer stopped me.

" What - what happened?" I asked staring the officer in his dark brown eyes .

" A young man was found shot outside the hospital this morning as soon as he was released name Damien Hicks . " He said.

" What Noooo." I began crying trying to run towards the yellow tape  but he grabbed me. I saw Dame laid there stretched out on the ground.

" Ma'am were you close to the victim !?" The news reported asked getting up into my face with the camera.

I pushed the camera. I began to walk away.

" It had to be a sniper . Especially from that angle. Straight head shot , had to be a professional."  I heard a cop say to his partner as I walked pass them getting into my car.

I sat there for a minute and cried . He was so sweet and nice this shit had nothing to do with him I mean who could've... "Kayne. " . I stepped on my gas peddle and headed towards a place I could clear my head.

...

I pulled up smelling sweet breakfast. My stomach began growling. I stepped out my car closing the door.

I walked in to see my dad standing there smiling talking to Tiffany.  As I walked towards them i started listening in.

" ...I just want everything perfect It's going to be her night. I need the restaurant nice and cleaned but the lighting in that corner dim. A bouquet of pink Lily's ; her favorite flowers. I need it perfect for when I propose to your mom -"

" Dad !" I yelled .

He turned around. I saw Tiffany look at me and smile genuinely as she waved. That was weird I rolled my eyes and scoffed at her grabbing my dads arm to pull him in the back.