19 - good talk

"hey, i just have revisions for scenes five, eight, and ten." i said.

"all of hope's scenes?" hailey asked.

"yeah, just minor tweaks to fit the actress."

cameron furrowed his eyebrows, "we haven't casted anyone for that part yet. i thought hailey was gonna read those lines today?"

behind them i could see danica enter the auditorium, she smiled and gave me a small wave when she saw me.

"well, it turns out that won't be necessary. danica read for hope and she was amazing." i walked over to her, passing by hailey and cameron. "i'll bet she was." i heard hailey mumble.

danica giggled, "do you know how to get rid of a million butterflies from your stomach?"

i chuckled, "don't be nervous, you'll be great."

she inhaled sharply as she walked next to me to hailey and cameron, "danica, why don't you go wait with hannah." cameron said.

hannah, zoe's girlfriend, and we casted her for the part of "coma boy."

danica turned to see where hannah was sitting, "okay." she smiled. she walked over to hannah and sat next to her, giving her a friendly smile and she began to make conversation with her.

"are you hooking up with her?" hailey asked. "what? no!" i rolled my eyes.

"really? because there's some serious tension between you two."

i shook my head, "i'm with jimin."

"who's been in a coma for three months." cameron added.

"so there's been no 'boot knocking?'" hailey asked.

"okay, the guy has a right to move on." cameron crossed his arms. "the guy has a boyfriend." hailey retorted.

"the guy is right here." i said.

"you can't break up with somebody when they're in a coma." cameron scoffed. "you can't just cheat on them either." hailey chuckled lightly.

"is he supposed to wait forever?" cameron asked.

"jimin has held on for so long, and seokjin is probably the reason why. plus, i don't want a showmance destroying this play." hailey sighed.

this conversation was starting to make me sick, they were just making me feel like shit more, more than zoe did. "okay let's just do a read through, i am allowed to do that when my boyfriend's in a coma, right?" i asked. "when you see danica, you'll be convinced. all right, everyone. start with scene one."

~~~~

"hey, can we talk?" i asked. "okay." she smiled. practice had been over. hannah, hailey, and cameron left while it was just me and her alone.

"so hailey and cameron aren't fans?" she asked.

"no, no, the part's yours but um...the other thing...w-we can't..."

she shook her head, "i get it. he's your sick boyfriend and what we've got is-"

"it's not that i don't care," i interrupted. "that i didn't, or won't."

"i know...but we can still talk, right?"

"yeah."

"and text?"

i smiled, "i don't see why not."

she smiled wide, "good. i like talking to you."

"i like talking to you too." i said.

she smiled so innocently at me. i couldn't help but admire her for a second. the way her hair rested on her shoulders, the way her nose scrunched up when she giggled a little. and her lips...those perfect lips.

i pulled her in by her waist, latching my lips onto hers. she kissed me back hard, throwing her arms over my shoulders. with a quick and passionate kiss, this girl already had my heart racing.

we pulled away, looking at the entrance of the auditorium to see if anyone was around. she scratched the back of her head nervously as she smiled wide and bright at me.

"okay, uh...good talk." i chuckled.

the way she looked at me provoked me, i had to kiss her again. and i did. her lips molded so perfectly with mine, adding just enough tongue to drive us over the edge and want more. to want to do more.

•••

omggg how am i going to survive being quarantined until may??
[sorry for any grammatical errors]