Epilogue

Eva Grey stood among the other members in their family. Her eyes were bright as she raised her face to the full moon. Her long black hair fell down her back in shiny blue-black strands.

"We make history tonight," she said with a crooked grin as she faced the other members of her family.

They were staring at her expectantly as she walked among them, "For the first time in twelve generations a new alpha in our family was chosen because of murder and not because of natural death."

All of the men and women nodded. Anger flickered in their eyes as she continued to speak, "But you shouldn't worry," she said, raising her chin, "The Brazil family will suffer and do not think that excludes my nieces. They have betrayed us by choosing those dogs over us."

Each member nodded and she smiled as she stood at the head of the family. Her face darkened in anger as she thought of her brother lying dead in the street.

"Who is our new alpha?" A woman asked with wide eyes, "I want to thank him for avenging your brother's death. He was a great man."

Eva stepped forward and touched the woman's cheek, "You won't be able to thank him," she said and then, grinned, "But you can certainly thank her," She said as she raised her chin.

She raised her voice as she lifted her hands toward the moon, "I am your new alpha," She said in a power-filled voice, "Kneel before me."

Every member of the Grey family dropped to their knees, except for one. He remained standing in the trees, vowing to steal her throne. Eli smiled widely as he laughed. After all, how hard would it be to take out a woman?