"Thanks"

I hadn't even taken my first step before turning on my heels to look back at the crowd. I recognized the voice immediately.

"You're very welcome, and might I ask what your name is, I've realized that I've known you for the past twenty four hours and never once got your name" I rubbed my now sweaty palms together revealing my nerves to the pack.

The wolves behind the one I had been talking to still stood tense, staring into my eyes intensely. Not exactly glaring at me but the look they were giving made me want to curl in on myself.

"It's Wyatt" I grinned at this, happy to finally receive a name for the kind boy.

"I would ask for all of your names but I can see that wouldn't be the smartest move on my behalf, correct?"

The lack of an answer was an answer within itself.

Letting the conversation end on a somewhat high note I decided to take my leave, moving past my zombie friends who had incredulous looks on their faces.

"Isn't she just the sweetest?"

I almost didn't catch Wyatt's sentence, with the distance growing between us, as I made my way to the library where I promised to meet up with Addison and Bree.

I'm thankful I did, although I must've looked ill with the amount of pink dusting my cheeks.

***

"Have you finished your four page essay?" I nodded at Bree's question, continuing to doodle on one of the blank pages of my notebook. I was seated next to her, back starting to ache with the way I was slumping forward to lean my head on the palm of my hand.

Finishing up another doodle of a flower I sighed and dropped my ball pen onto the paper before me.

Deciding to do something with my spare time I stood up, quickly telling Bree that I'd just look through the books for a few minutes.

I went over to mystery/thriller section of the library, taking my time in looking through all the titles, hoping to see one that would intrigue me. I titled my head down to search through the Q section, brushing my fingertips over the hard book covers. Finding nothing of my interest and not wanting to crouch down to see the final row, I lifted my head back up, coming face to face with Wyatt. Who stood on the other side of the bookshelf, staring at me in observation.

He didn't move a muscle when we made I contact. My green orbs looking into his brown ones. "Can I help you?"

My words seemed to snap him out of his trance like state. He hastily grabbed the nearest book off the shelf before opening it up and hiding his face behind it.

I giggled at this.

Finding the situation funny and the fact that he held the book upside down even more hilarious.

I made my way around the bookshelf so that I could stand next to him without a bunch of books in the way. He knew I was there, holding the book closer to him as I made my way over.

I tapped a perfectly manicured nail on the book cover, causing him to pull it down allowing me to see his face. When he saw my smaller figure standing before him he let out an awkward chuckle, showing off his pointy fangs.

I just smiled up at him before taking the book from his hands and placing it back into the shelf, doubtfully in the right place.

"So, Wyatt, is there any reason why you've been spying on me for the past.." I glanced down at my watch before looking up at the boy with a raised eyebrow, "five minutes?"