D For Disaster☽44☾

Začať od začiatku

"If the smoke is white, all's clear." Mary informed the girl. "If it's black, there's a hex in the air. And, if it's red? Well, then you know you're in trouble." They both look down at the smoldering herbs, which are releasing a black smoke. "Just what I thought- this storm ain't natural."

Isabel sighed immediately. "It's Dahlia. She's trying to pin us down."

Jackson and Hayley join the women, each of whom have a bow in one hand and a quiver of arrows on their back.

"The road to the highway is flooded," Jackson told the two woman. "The quickest way out of here is on foot, through back roads."

Isabel sighed, overwhelmed by everything that was happening.

"What's wrong?" Jackson asked his wife.

"Elijah called Hayley and I's phones so many times- I had to pick up. Klaus is gone. And we don't know where he went."

Hayleys eyes widen at the news. "That means we gotta get out of here. And fast," she said.

"What about the others?" Isabel asked.

Jackson clenched his jaw anxiously.

"We let them go?" Hayley suggested.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

The Crescent wolves all gathered around to listen to Isabel and Jackson update them on what was going on while Hayley stood by her sisters side.

"Alright, everybody." Jackson shouted. "Listen up!" He looked to Isabel, who took a deep breath before holding his hand and addressing her pack.

"I want to thank you all for staying with us. Protecting us," she said sincerely. "For the past few weeks, each one of you has shown me the kindness I needed. Despite hardships and tragedy, you've all become the family I always wanted. You're my pack." The wolves all nod and mutter in agreement, and Isabel hesitated for a moment before continuing. "But, I can't let you risk your lives any more than you already have. The witch is coming. She's powerful, and she's not gonna stop." She looked at Jackson for encouragement. "Hayley, Jack, and I will be better off taking my kids and getting as far away as we can." She looked saddened as she looked over her pack. "Alone." The wolves all simultaneously grew expressions of hurt and confusion on their faces. "I want you to know how grateful I am for everything that you have offered me. Us. But, I can no longer be your Queen anymore. And I let you free from any kind of control I have over you."

All of the Crescent wolves kneeled before Isabel feeling the tug. With a glance at them all she knew what to do. Both she and the wolves in her pack felt this weight lift and they knew now that she made sure that they felt no obligation to her and were free from her.

Isabel clutched onto Jacksons hand tighter and looked devastated as she realized they were about to split up. Jackson raised their intertwined hands and laid a kiss on the back of her hand, bowing slightly as he did so.

"You will always be their Queen." He promised.

Hayley grabbed her other hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "It'll be alright, Iz," she said as she gave a small smile.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Now that the storm spell had been broken, the sun was shining brightly in the Bayou. Isabel, who was carrying Hope who was strapped to her chest and holding Rose -she would have let her walk but they needed to hurry and Rose wouldn't be able to keep up- Jackson, Mary, and the other Crescents have just made it to the Mississippi River, where they stop to determine the best route to take to continue on their journey. Rose pointed a bird that flew to a branch.