Arranged marriage to a rich......Jerk?! {17}

Începe de la început

"It's fun. C'mon, we finally reached our last year of high school. We, Seniors deserve to have fun!" I said.

"Tu che." he said, "Do you have a date?"

"Um, ehem: Roy." I said, fake coughing.

"Right...speaking of Roy; You going to tell him today?" he said.

"Sadly, yes." I said, "He is going to freak."

"I bet." he said.

When we finally got to school, Landon parks in the back where not much people were around and I got out.

"Do you think we should spill this arranged marriage thing to everyone too? Not only Roy?" I asked Landon.

"We should...but it's a bit scary." he said.

"I know. It might ruin my Senior year!" I said.

"Oh no!" he said in a sarcastic girly voice.

"Shut up." I said, slapping his shoulder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Skye!" I heard someone shout behind me. I turned around and got immediately tackled by Darcy.

"Oh my god!" I said.

"Happy Tuesday!" she shouted.

"Happy Tuesday to you too!" I said, giggling.

"Hey Skye, 'sup?" says Tanner.

"Hey." I said and we both did a fist pound.

"Skye!" I heard my name being called. I looked around and spotted Roy, walking towards me. (Wow, a morning full of greetings!)

"Hey Roy." I said. Roy gives me a swift kiss on the lips as I intertwined my fingers with his.

"Oooh! Someone's in a romantic mood today!" said Darcy.

"Yeah, we are." I said.

"That's cute. We should all double date sometimes!" she said.

"Hey, we should!" I said, agreeing.

"Homecoming's almost here. The school walls have homecoming posters everywhere." says Tanner.

"Oh right, homecoming. I was talking about that with Lan---I mean, I was just thinking about that a while ago." I lied.

"We should be picked King and Queen." says Roy.

"I hope, but the main thing is having fun." I said, nudging him on the shoulder.

Suddenly, I remembered about something else. That something that I should be telling Roy. Hm, I should wait 'til Lun--no. Somewhere private, where no one is usually around.

"Hey Roy, do you think we can meet at the library before lunch? I want to talk to you about something that's personal and private." I said.

"Sure." he said.

"Great." I said, smiling.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 6th period, it was lunch time, which means that it's time to tell Roy about the truth. Oh god...

When I got to the library, I immediately spotted Roy who was looking at posters on the wall. I took a deep breath and walked towards him.

"Hey Roy." I said.

"Hey, so you wanted to tell me something?" he asks.

"Yeah..." I said.

Here I go.

"The truth is about something is that I've been kinda playing with you for the past few days." I said.

"About what?" he asks.

"When you asked me out, I was happy and really pepped up but there was something that I needed to tell you. And it's important." I said. Roy looks at me curiously, waiting for me to continue.

"Landon and I are...in an arranged marriage." I said.

Roy stares into my eyes and tilts his head a little.

"Wait, what?" he asks.

"Landon and I are going to be married in March, April. Well, next year." I said, "Our parents set it up and I swear, Landon and I have no feelings for eachother! I'm really really sorry that I didn't tell you and I feel like a complete idiot. I wanted to but I was scared that you might break up with me or something."

"Skye, calm down. I'm not mad. I'm a bit upset about the arranged marriage thing." he said.

"I'm sorry..." I said, feeling down.

"Don't be." he said and gives me a quick peck on the lips. He then stares in my eyes and asks, "So, about this arranged marriage thing, are we not allowed to be together?".

"We're not. My parents and Landon's doesn't know anything about it. And I know it's bad to keep it a secret from our parents but I really wanna be with you. I don't want to marry that bastard." I said.

"So, we can be together but we can't let your parents or his parents find out?" he asks.

I nodded.

"Oh that's fine. But it's risky too." he said.

"I know." I said, and hugged him.

"Do you want to stop this wedding?" he asks, hugging me back.

"Yeah." I said, softly.

"Okay 'cause I can help you." he said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Sure." he said, smiling.

"Great!" I said, smiling back.

"We should go back to lunch and tell Landon about this." he said.

We headed back to lunch and told Landon that I explained everything to Roy. After that, we started to make plans. Plans that better work!