Chapter (13): House Party

Comenzar desde el principio

She laughed. "Yeah"

In the middle of the day, Avery's mind went back to her parents' divorce, from the outside she seemed cool but from the inside she was fuming then an idea popped in her head. She flipped open her phone and sent a message.

~ Party at my house tonight at 8:00~

"This is gonna be good" she said to herself.

****************************

Meanwhile Danni was working with her uncle fixing a car, her mind was set on work and only work. Her uncle noticed her silence, she has been silent since she came this morning.

"Wanna tell me what's up?"

"... Nothing, I'm just working"

"I know you are but Danni you haven't said a word since this you came through that door. Tell me what's bothering you" He rested a hand on her shoulder.

She let out a sigh. "... It's the money... I'm not sure if it's enough"

"We are doing everything we can Danni... don't lose faith... we still have time"

"Yeah but till when?" she asked frustrated as she throw her towel on the ground. "Time is a thief, uncle Josh! ... and I'm afraid it's gonna be too late" She sighed then continued. "I got my first salary today and it's not enough to cover anything... and so does working here... it's just not enough. I-I need to find a third job or maybe work extra hours... I-I don't know!"

"Danni... I'm helping you... I know the expenses are high but I believe that we will do it... you need to be more patient and I promise you like I did before... everything is gonna be okay" He squeezed her shoulders reassuring her. "Now focus on doing your job and I'll focus on doing mine... and have faith in God. I'm not leaving you on this, okay? You got me, kid"

He smiled at her and she returned it softly and went to grab himself something, leaving her with her thoughts. She leaned against the car hood taking a deep breath and running a hand over her face, calming herself down. She knew he was right, they are doing everything they can, and faith and patience are the key to the door.

******************************

In the end of the day, Avery went home and it was nearly the time for the party. Her mother left her a couple of messages on her phone and Avery replied to them all by saying that she was fine but she actually wasn't. She needed the party tonight to keep her mind off things.

She headed to her room to get dressed, she wore black mini dress with opened back and black heels, she put on some makeup and perfume. A short while later guests started coming, drinks were served and so was the food. She greeted them and college boys were checking her out, they wanted to get a piece of her so bad. Everyone wanted Avery Carlisle to mark their lives. April arrived an hour later, checking the crowds and frowned at the smell of booze and couples making at every corner but she found Avery drunk and dancing on the table with boys were gathered around her with their glasses like hungry predators.

"Ave!" She called out her name. "Avery!" She called out again. "Shit!" She made her way towards her but a group of boys blocked her way. She quickly opened her phone and dialed Steve but his phone was off. "Fuck!" she said and tried to make her way again. She reached her this time. "Avery! What are you doing?! Get down!"

"Huh? Why? I'm having fun! Can't you see?!" she said as she grabbed one of them with her on the table and started dancing with him. He offered her his drink and she accepted it and drank the whole cup. "YEAH!!" She screamed.

****************************

Danni arrived and stepped out of her vespa and once she took off her helmet, she heard a loud music coming from the house.

"What the hell?" she asked herself.

She opened the front door which was already opened, her eyes went wide at seeing a lot of people dancing and drinking and some of them were cheering for some reason. April spotted her and quickly went by her side.

"Danni! Thank god you are here! Avery is out of control!"

She grabbed her arm and dragged her to where Avery was and she saw exactly what April saw, a drunk Avery, very very drunk.

"We need to get these people out!"

"Okay..." She looked at Avery. "I have an idea" She looked at her. "Grab her out of here and I'll see what I can do with them. Just pull her down and walk away from them"

She nodded and made her way towards Avery trying to grab her and she finally succeeded and Danni went to the loud speakers and plugged out the wire. Angry heads turned towards her.

"Party is over! The police are coming!... Run before it's too late or you'll spend your night partying at jail! The choice is yours people!!"

They panicked and stated running out of the house quickly and the house was finally empty. April was holding Avery who was so heavy to hold right now and Danni ran to them and helped her.

"Thank you Danni. I owe you"

"Nah, it's fine"

"Could you do me another favor?"

"Yeah"

"Help me carry her upstairs to her room"

They carried her to her room which was hard because of her drunk state and her stubbornness. They laid her on the bed gently and April stood putting both her hands on her hips, shaking her head.

"What were you thinking, Ave?" she muttered then turned to Danni. "Danni, please don't say a word about this to anyone"

"Don't worry, I won't" She gave her a reassuring smile.

"Good" She sighed and her phone beeped. "Okay, I'm going now. Could you please tuck her in?"

She chuckled. "Okay, I got this" She smiled.

"Thanks" She turned around to leave then stopped and called her name. "You are a good friend"

She nodded and April left her with Avery. Danni pulled up the covers and was about to cover Avery but she pulled the covers away whining. She kicked off her heels on the floor.

"No! I don't wanna sleep!" She whined. "I'm not nine years anymore!"

"You have to sleep, ginger" she said jokingly and pulled up the covers again and was about to leave but Avery grabbed her hands and dragged her on top of her laughing drunkenly.

"You are so cute... Danni"

"Whoa!... Okay" She tried to pull away but Avery's put both her hands behind Danni's head, playing with her curls.

"I love your curls" She smiled with her eyes slightly opened. "You are sometimes annoying but I sorta... like you" she said as she pulled her closer.

"I think that you are saying things you will regret tomorrow" She whispered.

Avery chuckled tugging on her shirt and raised her head leaning on her elbows and they were only a few inches apart, just when their lips were about to meet, Avery collapsed on the bed and drifted off to sleep. Danni released a sigh of relief then covered her and Avery clutched onto the covers. Danni moved a strand of her hair away from her face, to see her radiant features. She liked seeing Avery so calm and beautiful at night unlike the morning when she is all grumpy and spoiled. Maybe they were right Avery was a beautiful person, inside and outside but she is just a puzzle. She stood up and left the room, leaving her to sleep peacefully.

She went downstairs and took a look at the mess around her after the party. It was time to clean up after Avery's mess. She knew it will be a long, long night for her.