4 ~ DADA

After the tour you and Draco headed towards the classroom for you DADA class. Your first class at Hogwarts and it was taught by Umbridge. Luckily the class hadnt started yet else she would make an entire deal out of it.

You walked inside. Draco immediately disappeared. He sat down in the back off the classroom in the corner. You doubted whether or not you should sit besides him but you saw that Hermione saved you a spot.

You slowly walked over to her. Draco watched you as you sat down. He was curious about what this was going to become.

'How did it go?' Hermione asked.

'Dumbledore wanted Draco to give me a tour.' You smiled.

You didnt get any books for this class. Maybe you got them today? You grabbed some parchment and a quill.

'Y/N, maybe we should chat about D-'

'Did you get any books?' You asked her.

'Oh.. I didnt.'

You looked up and saw a paper bird flying through the classroom. It caught your eyes earlier. It was cute.

You smiled as it slowly came towards you. You blew up and the bird made a beautiful swirl before flying towards the back. You followed it with your eyes. It flew past Draco and he just swatted it away with his hand.

You had the feeling that he didnt enjoy much in life. He seemed like he had a lot of layers to him.

Suddenly the paper bird caught fire and the burned piece of paper fell down onto the ground. Umbridge lowered her wand with a smile. The class immediately became quite.

'Good morning children.' She started.

Her voice echoed through the room. It was one of the worst sounds you had ever heard.

'Ordinary Wizard Level examination.' She spoke.

She used her wand to write it on the chalk border in front of the class.

'O. W. L.' She spoke. 'More commonly known as OWLS.' She spoke.

She smiled into the class and no one dared to speak.

'Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so and the consequences may be severe.'

With another flick of her wand, books appeared. The started floating through the classroom and decided themselves over the tables. You opened it and flicked through it.

'Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven.' She continued. 'But you will be pleased to know from now on you will be following a casually structured ministry approved of defense against the dark magic.'

You put up your hand. She shot you a look right away. You were never afraid to ask something.

'Yes?' She asked.

'There's nothing in here about using defensive spells.' You pointed out. 

'Using spells?'

She let out a high pitched laugh. Was it such a stupid question?

'I can't imagine why you would need spells in my classroom.' She spoke while walking towards you.

'We're not going to use magic?' Ron asked who was sitting behind you.

You wanted to know that too. With all these rumours of Voldemort being on the loose you might need it.

'You will be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk free way.' She smiled. 

'Well, what use is that? If we're going to be attacked it won't be risk free.' Harry spoke.

'Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class.' Umbridge hissed while turning around.

She really didnt seem to care on bit. That was irresponsible in your opinion.

'It is the view of the ministry, that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get you through your examination, which after all is what school is about.'

'And how is theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?' Harry asked.

'There is nothing out there dear. Who would you imagine would attack children like yourself.'

Harry sighed annoyed. This wasnt going to go very well. You didnt even want to interfere anymore.

'Oh, well I don't know... maybe... Lord Voldemort.' He said.

Everyone looked at him while they started whispering. They already told you that no one believed him.

'No let me makes this quite clear, you have been told that a curtain dark wizatd is at rise once again... this is a lie.' She spoke while looking at Harry.

'It's not a lie! I saw him! I fought him!' He hissed back.

'Detention! Mister Potter.'

'So according to you Cedric Diggory dropped dead on his own accord?!' Harry hissed.

You looked at him. Your eyes were begging him to stop.

'Cedric Diggory his death was a tragic accident!'

'It was murder! Voldemort killed him! You must know that!' Harry defended himself.

'Enough!' She screamed.

You stared at her.

'Enough! I said enough! Ill see you at my office mister Potter..' She spoke and she finished with a giggle.

-

'You should've kept your mouth shut.' Hermione hissed after class while you all waited for him to gather his stuff.

That would've been the better indeed. You looked at the door. Draco was just about the leave. He noticed you looked at him. He stopped in the door opening and passed you a little smile before leaving.

'I'm going to go to my next class.. I'll see you guys there.' You said before heading after him quickly.

You managed to catch up with him. You slowly started walking besides him. He looked at you.

'Your friend isnt really smart, you know? Arguing with Umbridge.'

'I agree. He should've stayed quiet.'

'He's right though. Not a lot of people believe him but.. he's right. Not to scare you or anything.'

'How do you know?' You asked.

Draco shrugged. He seemed to know what he was talking about it.

'Sources.' He just said.

'But if we're really not gonna learn how to defend ourselves, that's going to be very dangerous.'

Draco stopped and turned to you. He held his book onder his arm while his hand was in the pocket of his robe.

'Dont worry too much. I dont think umbridge will be around for too long. Besides, this wouldnt be Hogwarts if Potter and his minions weren't going to do something about it.'

'You guys really don't like each other..'

'No we dont. Doesnt mean you cant hang out with them though. We hardly know each other anyways.'

'I dont know.. you seem nice. I wouldnt mind to get to know you.'

You swore you saw him smile for a moment while he looked into the corridor.

'Let's go. Else we're going to be late.' Draco said.

He continued walking. What a strange, yet intriguing individual.. that was all you could think about him.