Chapter 17; Pure Bliss.

Beginne am Anfang

"Really?" I nodded. "Then why do you have that face a mom has when she's disappointed in her kid?"

"Huh?"

"Yeah, you totally have that face on. I thought it had to do with my admission and-"

"No. It's not that." I interrupted again.

"I just never knew Emily wanted a dad so bad. I mean we talk about everything and she never once mentioned it. I can't believe she hid it so well..."

"Well she is pretty smart for a three year old and she has your DNA, so," he stopped when I glared at him, "so I'll probably keep quiet."

I sighed.

I turned my back to him to keep speaking.

"Her father is dead. Died before he even knew she existed..." I trailed of.

Silence. He didn't say anything.

I turned my face to him again and found him observing me intently. Like a man on a mission.

"What?" I broke the silence. "Say something, please."

I waited and the silence was beginning to eat me up.

Thoughts of Belinda filled my mind, her passing, the pain, the-

A warm hand on my shoulder broke my train of thought.

"I owe it to her to be the best father there is." He succeeded in shocking me to my core.

"I don't- I.. I really don't understand. You've sacrificed so much already and you keep sacrificing. Do you even hear yourself?" I whisper yelled.

"Yes, Kendra. I can hear myself."

"Why?" I said ignoring his previous sarcastic statement.

"Because I am a man who knows what he's looking for and who also knows when he's found it." His eyes were doing that thing again.

That thing where the once grey orbs transform and hold an uncanny resemblance to silver.

That thing where the silver drew you in so much it left you hypnotized.

"You should know this by now..." He added.

I rolled my eyes.

I didn't even know the guy had friends till today and he thinks I knew that.

His hands snaked around my waist and pulled me extremely close to him till our chests were both in contact thereby making my personal space non-existent.

He used one hand to raise my chin so I was looking straight into silver orbs.

"Don't. Don't ever roll you eyes at me," he said sternly, not in a way to make me scared and my blood run cold but just enough to cause a shiver run down my entire body.

I inadvertently bit my lip causing his eyes to flicker towards them earning me a smirk. He knew what he was doing.

"Do that again and it won't only be Emily who'd be calling me daddy."

My eyes were as wide as saucers. Hell, they probably already popped out but I couldn't be too sure because I could still see Ethan looking at me smugly and slowly watch his lips twitch up, just a bit. He was holding back that smile.

I gently but quickly nudged his shoulder and brought my face down in hopes of hiding my tomato face.

This guy would be the death of me.

After a wonderful day, Ethan took us back to the hospital and stayed the last two days it took before Emily was discharged.

Emily was brought back home, surprised by a little party Ethan threw for her, just us and her nannies.

Ethan resumed work and would come by every morning to drop me off at the hospital and bring me back every evening.

He'd have dinner with us and play with Emily before retiring back to his house.

Some days, he'd be too tired and just sleep over. He usually slept in my room where we'd cuddle, make out and talk about our day before eventually going to sleep.

Other days he'd have a sleepover with Emily and they'd both lock me out. They were really cute together though, I wasn't complaining.

Emily followed through on her diet, exercise, her bed rest and even the iron tablets she was taking.

In all, it had been a wonderful four months already and with just two weeks left to Emily's transplant, I couldn't ask for more.

I was sure of one thing after these four months. It wasn't a surprise anymore.

I was definitely in love with Ethan Vincent.

Life with him was one of pure Bliss.

Again, this is still me apologizing for all those late updates.

Much love to the silent readers and to all those who vote.

You're my motivation.

Love Joy.