jw² | flawless

Your muscles ached and with every step you took, the less motivation you had to start your routine but you forced yourself to focus on your goal. You were done not being able to wear "feminine" clothing and dainty jewellery. The hardest part was over, quitting unhealthy treats, and now you just had to keep going.

Every week you noticed an improvement and you were too far gone to stop now. Your goal was just out of reach — you could almost taste it and yet the thing you wanted was just out of your grasp.

You circled your arms and legs, warming them up, and stretched all your muscles before stepping onto the treadmill and starting with a light jog.

Thankfully today's regime wasn't that strenuous and you actually enjoyed it. A little bit of cardio and light weights but you still hadn't felt like you had done enough.

You checked the scheduled classes list and saw that a dance class was going to start in ten minutes or so and decided to refill your empty water bottle and cool down as you waited.

Once you sat down on am empty chair at the health bar, you watched the soccer(/football) on the tv screens and absentmindedly followed the running athletes that kicked that black and white ball around the field. Sport never interested you much unless you were the one playing.

"You a soccer fan?" A voice commented as this person decided to sit next to you at the counter. His eyes were warm when you looked over at him and shook your head. "Not really, I prefer to be in the action." He nodded with an "ahhhh" and agreed, "Me too. I was actually a professional fencer for a while. Almost made it to the 2016 Olympics to represent China, my home."

"That's impressive," you acknowledged and he grinned shyly. "Why didn't you though?"

"I moved trained to become a Korean Idol instead."

"Oh, like to be in a boy group? Like BTS?"

"Mhm," he hummed as he took a sip of water from his bottle. "I'm in a group called GOT7."

"I'll take a listen when I get home." You smiled, fiddling with your phone thoughtlessly as he rose from his seat.

"You know, I could play some of our songs for you if you join me in a game of basketball." He suggested and you politely declined. "I'm actually waiting for the dance class that's about to start."

"Perfect!" He chuckled. "I'll catch you there." With that he left and wiped his forehead with his gym towel. Is he really going to dance just to get me to listen to one of his songs today?

You shrugged and decided to distract yourself on your phone for the next minute before heading to class, 2 minutes ahead of the session.

Turns out, the instructor was Idol guy! His name was Jackson. He also taught us the choreography to his group's song "Eclipse" and it was so much fun!

Everyone was dripping in sweat when the clock struck 6:00 and the lesson ended. "You did great guys! Catch you on Thursday!" He concluded and everyone ran for the exit, wanting to strip off their sticky gymwear as soon as possible.

"How are you not tired?" You heaved, gulping water while holding onto the bar railing by the mirror, and he smiled. "I do this every day, for many hours. Being an Idol takes a lot of training."

"So that wasn't even half of what you usually do in a day?" You ask in disbelief.

"Haha no way! You guys only did one hour out of 12 more of practice."

"Rather you than me." You joked, nudging his shoulder with yours and he chuckled.

"You could be an idol if you wanted you. I mean, you have the flawless beauty of one." He complimented and you blushed, wiping your face with your towel in hopes of hiding it.

"Thanks," you appreciate and started to walk out the room. "See you around."

"Soon, hopefully!" He eagerly added and you chuckled as you shut the door behind you. He was so cute.

* ੈ ✧‧₊˚ * ੈ ✧‧₊˚** ੈ ✧‧₊˚*

U N E D I T E D
-
698 words