kb² | connected

*his POV*

Tonight I was alone in my hotel room. There was something about the space, the distance, from everyone and everything that made me feel small and scared. I could hear the running of cars outside, the drip of a leaking tap in the bathroom — suddenly every small detail became prominent to me and jumped out at me.

I scrambled from my phone and dialed up my girlfriend. I knew it was probably an ungodly hour back home where you were but you've never let me down, not once. The time I got food poisoning during our tour in Russia, you flew up to look after me. Or when I got emotional after winning the daesang you were back stage, waiting for me. You always knew how to make everything okay.

Two rings later you picked up, sleepily mumbling baby and I could hear the smile in her voice. You make my heart flutter every time you speaks, it's like no matter what you're always happy to see or hear me.

"Hey gorgeous, sorry to wake you up." I muttered, feeling guilty when I heard you yawn and curse at the late time.

"If you saw me, you wouldn't be saying gorgeous." You chuckled.

"Girl, what are you saying? Oh my God. You're always so beautiful." I tsked, raising my legs up and moving my feet up in the air.

"Thank you." You shyly appreciated.

It was silent for a bit as both just enjoyed each other's presence.

"So why aren't you asleep?" You enquired, moving on the bed.

"I'm alone in the hotel room. You know I hate that."

"As long as we're together you will never be alone."

"You know how much I love you right?"

"Hush. I'm going to sing you to sleep. My cute boy needs his strength for his day tomorrow."

"I'm not cute-"

You ignored me and started singing. I closed my eyes and imagined you next to me. I would be holding you in my arms, running my hands up and down your sides. Your skin is always so soft, just like your voice. You sounded like heaven.

My eyes felt heavy but I didn't want to sleep. I wanted to talk to you. You were the blanket to my frostbite. The sunshine to my rain. No matter what I did wrong — or right — you were always there when I got home.

Sleepily I muttered, "I want to marry you..." Slumber caught onto me before I could finish my sentence or catch your reply. I just knew that you were the one I wanted to spend every waking breath with.

* ੈ ✧‧₊˚ * ੈ ✧‧₊˚** ੈ ✧‧₊˚*

U N E D I T E D
-

448 words