Life on the Planet (pt.2)

A few hours had passed since Aleera disappeared into nowhere. I had long departed the lakeside and returned to a cave that we both sought refuge in. Using my lightsaber to light up some dry pieces of wood I found in the nearby forest. I stuck some meat onto a stick, rolling it carefully over the flames. It was taken from an animal who was oh so unlucky to look good enough to eat.

Things had gotten boring very quickly without her. But I understood her pain. She needs time to cope with it.

???: "You continue with your path towards affection for the Jedi Girl. Pathetic, if anything."

I leapt up from my seating position. Igniting my red lightsaber. Using it to illuminate the darkness, as night had fallen a few minutes ago. Though the moon provided luminescence.

(Y/N): "Who are you? Show yourself!"

I shouted. Out of the shadows came a black-robed figure. It felt... familiar.

(Y/N): "Who... Are you?..."

I stumbled back a little from shock. The robed figure removed it's hood, revealing my very own face beneath the shadows.

Dark (Y/N): "Come on (Y/N), you do not know me. I've always known you... You could say I represent the inner Sith within you."

I tilted my head a little, curiously eyeing my 'doppleganger'.

(Y/N): "How come I've never seen you before then...?"

Dark (Y/N): "Because this is different. There has never before been such a situation quite like this that we're experiencing."

(Y/N): "I'm not experiencing, I'm choosing. Choosing a different life for myself. Away from all that Dark Side-Light Side nonsense."

Dark (Y/N): "The nonsense you speak of has culminated into your greatest advantage. The Sith have finally won control of the galaxy from the filthy Jedi. A new Empire, adored by the populace. Which you can be a part of."

He said, smiling unnervingly.

(Y/N): "Ah I see. I'm trying to pull myself back to the Dark Side. So I can become a simple slave to another master."

Dark (Y/N): "Not slave. The second mightiest Sith in the galaxy! The Empire will be yours once Sidious is passed! Raise the ship! Get out of here! You're here for what? A girl. More pathetic than anything."

I didn't listen, I didn't want to listen. There was no way my Sith side would make me abandon Aleera on this planet.

(Y/N): "Get out of my head."

Dark (Y/N): "I am an integral part of you. I will always be a part of your psyche. Master Krassus drilled me into your head long ago, if you had already forgotten."

(Y/N): "I might not be able to forget you, but I can ignore you."

Dark (Y/N): "You are not ignoring me! You are ignoring your destiny!"

(Y/N): "I don't want my destiny to lead to your atrocious vision of a decrepit old man, rotting away on some isolated throne!"

Dark (Y/N): "Insolent coward!"

(Y/N): "ENOUGH!"

I re-ignited my lightsaber, swinging with all my might and rage at my darkened double. I hit air. Looking back, I saw nothing. Just a hallucination, or maybe something more...

I felt my hair, which all of a sudden felt heavy.  Looking up, I had not noticed that it was already moderately raining. Little droplets which hit the blade of my lightsaber evaporated into minuscule columns of steam. Night had fallen, where was Aleera. Has she really been gone that long? Where is she?!