Chapter 6: Aleera

- Aleera's POV -

After that hellish landing, losing 18 gunships and having to fight an heavily fortified enemy we were finally making decent progress. Commander Xion was killed during our last fierce counterattack which ended really badly, leaving me in total command of my battalion. Nevertheless we were able to push on despite a 2-1 loss ratio.

Clone Trooper: "Master Viola, we've received the supplies we were promised. From three weeks ago."

Aleera: "Logistics and supply are only two parts of winning a battle. The mind is the greatest tool of all... Plus big weapons."

Clone: "I've heard that before, from Master Colton. Before he was killed and you were substituted in his place."

Aleera: "Trooper, don't be coy, we'll win this."

Clone: "Thank you for that General. Oh, by the way Admiral Gillian contacted us. The fleet's batteries are recharged for another strategic bombardment of the planet.

The Clone says slowly, before leaving.

Aleera: "I hope this ends soon... This separatist is a smart one."

I pulled my handheld hologram out of my robe pocket, activating it.

Admiral Gillian: "Ah, Madam Viola. How's it going down there. Surely your last offensive has finally broken their stronghold on Kybolt."

I nervously chuckled. Shaking my head with dissapointment.

Aleera: "My apologies Admiral, they struck us with Coaxium suicide bombers, our last AT-TEs were left venerable and were destroyed in the attack. Commander Xion was killed."

Gillian speculated for a bit, before responding.

Gillian: "Coaxium suicide bombers... Darn, this guy's smart whoever he or she is."

Aleera: "No worries, with your next orbital bombardment and the re-supplement of our forces, we should be able to push in and finally smash them to bits and scrap."

Gillian: "Very well, inform your forces to brace themselves, we're giving you twenty minutes before we blast Sectors V and K to ash."

Aleera: "Roger that Admiral over and out."

- Timeskip -

OOM-11: "Sir, there's been another orbital bombardment from the Republic Fleet, our calculations of another attack are at 100%."

(Y/N): "Have the patrol returned yet? Our supplies are running low."

OOM-11: "Negative sir, they were caught in the bombardment."

(Y/N): "Damn it, put all security units on alert, get those Commando Droids in sniping positions, rig all minefields and ready the artillery!"

I said, grabbing my lightsaber. The battledroid nods,

OOM-11: "Roger roger."

The following battle was a long one, the clones fought hard and valiant, my droid's defences were like a rock against the ocean. But eventually that Jedi came along, brown hair, green eyes and a green lightsaber... She fought like a wildcat. Agile and fierce in combat, using mainly Ataru. Tanks were destroyed, killings committed and punches thrown, quite literally sometimes...

That being said, eventually the clones pushed my forces to the breaking point. The perimeter was breached after dozens of casualties on both sides. Leading inevitably to me as the only one left out of my whole division...

I walked around, my hilt readied by my side as I eyed the treelines for her or any surviving Clones.

(Y/N): "Listen Jedi, this is only going to be more difficult for the both of us. I don't hate you as an individual... Let this duel be a warrior's fight, for the both of us..."

A few seconds later I had a response.

???: "What are you? I sense... cold within you. You're like nothing else I've ever sensed before."

(Y/N): "Has your master taught you nothing? Aleera?"

She fears me... but it starts to fade . I curse at this.

Aleera: "My master taught me enough of the Dark Side of the Force... not that anyone ever used it should they have dared."

An emerald sabre ignites to the right of me, I quickly turn and prepare for an attack. But it doesn't come...

(Y/N): "You're a brave one... I sense it."

I boast. She stepped out of hiding. I notice a second sabre by her hip.

Aleera: "Jedi are supposed to be brave... speaking of which what are you anyways... you never answered my question."

I saw no reason to withhold information. So I let her know.

(Y/N): "I'm a Sith, a user of the Dark Side. That's all you need to hear, now I'm gonna make a deal with you. Let me off this planet, and I'll leave your precious Republic alone. I have a vendetta to keep."

She thought about it, before answering back.

Aleera: "No, I'm sorry but. I cannot let you leave. You killed Master Ar' Gai, you must stand trail at the Jedi council! I have to bring you in.

Aleera raised her green sabre, then she Force-pulled her other lightsaber from her belt. A sapphire blade ignited from that one, she stood at the ready in Jar' Kai stance, I tightened my gaze as I responded by activating my own red blade.

Aleera: "Red, I've never seen that colour before..."

She said confidently.

(Y/N): "It'll be the last you'll ever see then, I didn't want to have to do this."

I said, cracking my neck and readying myself with Djem So once more. I flung myself forward, charging into the fray, as she crossed both her lightsabers and took up a defensive stance

(Y/N): "Ahhh!"