9

Days become weeks then months. We continue being happy together, being contented to what we had. I can really say that label is nothing as long as you we're happy.

We didn't talk about us, what we have. We just go with the flow. We did what couples do, we argue, we got jealous, we do sweet things, we talk sweetly and we see each other like no ones watching.

My life for months revolve around him and only him. And now here I am, talking to him in the middle of the night.

"Take care Captain okay? Do your best. Alam ko na kaya mo yan."

I told him as I look at him on my phone. He smile sweetly at me.

"Kinakabahan nga ako e, hindi dahil sa tryouts to be a well known player or to play with my favorite basketball player. Kinakabahan ako kasi, isang Linggo din yun. Isang Linggo na malayo sayo."

Mahina nyang sabi habang titig na titig sa mata ko. My eyes becomes misty, I smile at him trying to stop those tears from falling.

"If I can just go with you I will. I am sorry Captain." Mahina ko din sabi at yumuko.

"It's not your fault Baby. Naiintindihan ko, you need to take care of Manang but please do take care of yourself too."

Tumango ako ng sunod-sunod sa kanya and smile.

"Why do I feel sad today? Why do I feel like your not coming back?"

Tears started to stream down and I immediately put down my phone so that he didn't see me.

"Baby.."

I heard him say, pinigilan ko ang sarili ko na sumagot dahil alam ko na maririnig nya ang hikbi ko.

Naninikip ang dibdib ko and this is what I didn't want to happen since the start. I don't want to be too dependent to him.

"Baby I know your crying.."

Napailing ako kahit di nya nakikita.

"N-no."

Sinubukan ko na magsalita ng normal but he knows me very well.

"Babalik naman ako diba? Saglit lang yun. Kung gusto mo di nalang ako sasama."

"Don't do that Prime. Chase your dreams and this is your dream. I will be okay. You call me everytime your free okay?"

Mahinang sabi ko as my tears continue flowing. I am so emotional, Manang had an heart attack 3 days ago and she's critical. I can't afford to lose her, she's all I have.

Prime always at my side and he needs to leave me here for a week. He needs to attend this one time opportunity to meet and play with his favorites. I can't get that away from him, he deserves everything that the world can give.

"Of course, but Baby.. I want to see you please."

I slowly put my phone in front of me and my tears fall the moment I saw him.

"Hindi ako makakaalis kapag ganyan ka. I can't afford to leave you crying."

I try to gave him a smile. I try my best to stop this tears. I tried.

"I will miss you!" And that's the moment I sob. I hold my chest trying to stop the pain.

"And I will surely miss you too. Mag iingat ka okay? Update me everytime" Tumango-tango lang ako sa kanya as I heard Gio called him.

"Cap. Coach been waiting for us. Let's go!"

I looked at the clock and it's 3 in the morning. It's time.

I smile at him.

"Do your best my Captain. I believe in you."

I said sobbing and he look at me like he was having a second thoughts.

" Go now! I will be okay and I will take care of myself.  Please, do the same." Mahina kong sabi at napayuko.

"Baby.."

"Cap! Tinatawag na flight natin."

"Go! Good luck." Nakangiti kong sabi at pinatay na ang tawag.

I cried harder on the thought that I need face it alone. I need to endure the pain alone. A minutes of crying I go back to Manang's room.

I looked at the most precious woman I know. To the woman who took care of me since I was a little. She's weak and getting weaker everyday.

I wipe my tears as I saw her open her eyes.

"M-manang.."

I called her and she smile at me.

"Wag kang umiyak iha. Mahal na mahal kita."

"Mahal ko din po kayo Manang. Please, magpagaling na po kayo."

"Nahihirapan na ako at gusto ko na din mamahinga."

I cried harder this time. My heart can feel the pain it's broken into pieces.

"No.. gagaling po ka--"

"Be happy iha. Sumaya ka lang masaya na ko."

As she said those words she close her eyes and I hugged her real tight.

"Manang! Manang wake up. Please! I can't lose you, not you too." I cry and cry and cry until the doctor came.

I am just sitting on the corner while watching them trying to revive her but they cannot. She leaves me. Everyone I love leaves me.

I try to contact Prime to tell him to come back. To tell him I need him. This is a selfish act but I need someone to lean on. I need someone to take these pain away and Prime is the only person can do that.

But he's no to avail, maybe he's on their way, he was inside a plane.

I called Cally, and I cried as she answered.

"Sis, anong---" she stopped as she hear me crying.

"Sis, I'm coming okay? Please, just please don't do anything okay? Don't try to do anything just wait for me okay."

I heard her sob and I am just crying listening to her.

"Please Styx, just wait for me. I'm on my way, I love you okay? We love you and everyone's love you."

I am just crying my heart out.

"Don't hang up. I am coming. I love you sis. We can do this okay?"

I didn't talk I just cried until she came. She immediately hugged me.

"Sis, everything will be alright."

"Manang, leaves me." I cried on her shoulder.

"She needs to rest maybe she's tired. Let's look at the bright side okay? Listen to me Styx please."

"Everyone I love leaves me. It's better not to love anyone anymore."

"No Styx, your love can make you happy."

"But those I loved leave me, they hurt me."

I cried even harder and she's just hugging me trying to comfort me.

"Prime will be here soon. He will be by your side. He will take care pf you okay?"

That makes me calm. Knowing Prime can be by my side. But for how long?

. . . . . . . . . . .

Prime is a short story of pain, love and happiness. A few chapters left to go and we're back to Aurelio. Prime will bring you to reality. 😌😊