Chapter Ten

It feels weird for Ciara to leave Winston's car without a hug. She wants to know how that massive yet soft frame would feel around her body but when she sees Trevante's car in the parking lot of their apartment complex, right next to her late model black Acura, she grows irritated.

No, she didn't send Trevante a text saying that she was almost done at the library. No, she didn't call him once she closed her laptop. She desperately wanted him to reach out to her first after leaving her alone on her couch last night, soaking in the puddle that he created. She wanted to know that her treatment as a second-class citizen was without intention.

As her keys go into her door lock, Trevante exits from his apartment.

"Yo, how did you get home?!" Trevante says, his shirtless torso peering over Ciara's startled body. Ciara finds his protective nature annoying yet arousing.

"A classmate drove me home, Trevante. Chill out."

Trevante realizes his blunder. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I forgot you left your car here. That's my fault. I'm sorry..." Trevante grabs Ciara's waist to apologize, pulling her closer into his body. He smells like brown liquor and bad decisions, a combination Ciara wants to try. She can't help but fall into his body, her lips grazing his chest, placing gentle kisses as he grabs her butt. "You're feeling yourself a little bit, huh, Tre?"

"Don't forget your keys in the door," Trevante says, grabbing Ciara's hand to guide her into his apartment. Ciara wants to eat her food before Trevante tries to guide anything into her.

She plops down at his kitchen island, flipping open her box of pizza slices. Trevante then goes into steal one, Ciara too amused by Trevante buzzed behavior to stop him. He decides to trade that piece of pizza for a glass of Jim Beam, straight no rocks. Ciara obliges. They tap glasses before they take a shot, Ciara's chest growing warm. She signals for another one and they again tap glasses. She sips this time while Trevante goes straight to the head.

"Mahalia texted me tonight. She said she saw you at Ngosi with your new frat."

"Yo, your girl got a fly-ass mouth. She lucky she's your friend."

"Boy, chill out..." Ciara chuckles at this bad boy iteration of Trevante. As she hulks down her last slice of pizza, she finishes her drink and quickly pours another round. She's trying to get where Trevante is at the moment.

Ciara walks over to Trevante playing video games. She pulls the game controller out of his hand and tosses it onto the loveseat. She proceeds to straddle Trevante which grabs his attention and every body part that comes with it.

"You know she means well, Tre. That's the homegirl."

"Well tell homegirl..." Trevante takes a quick slap to Ciara's butt causing her to giggle uncontrollably "... she ain't got shit to worry about. I know I need her approval to take your ass away..."

"Away from where, from who?"

"From her. I think she thinks she owns your shit..."

"Trevante, stop..."

"Nah, you stop..."

Trevante lifts his body off of his couch, carrying Ciara's straddled body alongside with him. "Give me that..." He grabs Ciara's drink from her hand, squatting down to place it on top of his coffee table. Ciara wraps her arms around Trevante's neck, allowing for him to bend over to lay her body down onto the couch. She now finds his body hovering over her.

"Let me take off my kicks, Tre. Shit."

"Let me grab protection, Ciara. Shit," Trevante says, mimicking her tone.

Ciara takes off her hoodie while Trevante walks into his bedroom. As she awaits his return, she notices Trevante's phone on the coffee table buzzing from a call.

Something about that name triggers thoughts back to tonight, to the girl that bumped into her at Archie's. Ciara hopes that she's okay, remembering those years in college when the late night would catch up to you in ways your body couldn't handle. She forgets about her once she realizes that Trevante is getting a phone call at 2:00 am from another woman.

Meganne Thee Intern 💦🏢🍑

"Hey, Tre...."

Trevante walks into the living room, "What up...," unhooking Ciara's bra with one hand as he walks around the side of the couch.

"You ain't leaving me on the couch like the other night, right...?"

Trevante quickly ponders what that means.

"Tapped out? Yep."