𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓐𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷?

Time.

What an enigma.

Time never waits for anyone, it has no boundaries, it continues on its path to an eternal end and yet - it gives and takes from whoever it comes across. It was a law of nature - this on going time. But for some, time stands still. The eternally damned beings of the night, are cursed to watch time pass them by. Dracula had stood idle for centuries, watching time pass by him, watching it take things away from some and give to others. He hadn't been fazed, time didn't matter to him.

But life, be it for the dead or living, tends to turn worlds upside down. For Dracula, life made time a curse. A curse on him to walk this earth for eternity, to find love and to watch his wife be taken away, to lose what matters most to him. And after so long, he was given time again. Time to think over his actions. Time to decide what his future holds for him next. An opportunity to start over, but he had lost too much too soon. He could be offered the world but he wouldn't take it - not now, not when he didn't have his beloved at his side to keep him tame. Even though he may find love again in someone else, he didn't want to take that chance - not now, not when his wife had been burned alive for a sin she didn't commit.

His hands tightened around the chair he sat on, his faced contorted into annoyance at his current circumstances. He had been thinking too much. His headaches never seemed to go away - except three days earlier, in the court, in the presence of a certain someone, he forgot his sorrow for even just a moment, he forgot what he was doing. Fascinated by that stunning creature, who seemed to radiate a power equal to his. He somehow knew that she had been alive for too long, just as he had been walking the earth for centuries. Her eyes, although smitten with wrath, held so much more than she had let on. She was a mystery, a treasure filled with secrets that would spill at the slightest touch. And yet what irony, she came into his life at a time when he wasn't even himself.

Time.

The most bothersome enigma.

He sat up straight, gazing into the crackling flames from his fireplace, his eyes empty and hollow. He didn't need three days to decide what his future held for him. He knew what he wanted. And no power, no matter how mysterious or radiant could change his mind. He wanted to join his wife and that is how he will pursue in his actions.

He gave a sigh and stood up, glancing one last time into the flames before heading out of his study to find his most trusted generals.

🥀𝓓𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓽𝓸𝓸 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓪𝓵𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭𝔂, 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓱𝓾𝓻𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓲𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓵𝓮𝓽 𝓶𝓮, 𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝓮 𝓯𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓴𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝓶𝓮 𝓬𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓻.🥀

Ishtar had been quiet ever since she came back fr Dracula's castle. Everyone at home had noticed her silence. Then again, they always notice her misery, they just never do anything about it. She had been brief about her journey, about her unwelcome visit, about her encounter with him. She told her people what needed to be told. That she had given him an ultimatum of three days and that she'll be back to hear his answer. They all knew what would happen in any scenario - whether he decided to end the war, which was very unlikely or if he carried on. They were prepared.

They hit busy in their duties again. Uninterestef in whatever else she had to say. Curt and to the point. That was all she recieved in matters of interaction from her people. Her friends were more informal and always cared too much, but given her position they didn't attempt to drag things out of her - much to her pleasure. She had grown accustomed to being on her own, feeling alone, living alone, laughing alone, crying alone. All she did, whatever or wherever she did, she was alone. Despite being surrounded by people who said they cared, she was alone. No one took the time to know her, no one thought that maybe she needed company, all they did was misunderstand everything she said or did. Even those closest to her.