Amortentia

Is it even a Harry Potter one shot without Amortentia?

"Who here knows what Amortentia is?" Professor Snape drones on to the sleepy class. Hermiones hand shoots up. His black eyes gaze at it then move on.

"Anyone? No one?" He asks.

"Professor Snape-"

"Silence, Ms. Granger! Today will not be your turn to shine." Snape sneers. Hermione deflates and stares at her desk top. Ron glares at Snape.

"Mr. Zabini, Do you know the answer?"

Blaises head shoots up from where it was laying on the desk, "Uh," Snape rolls his eyes and opens his mouth to call on someone else when Blaise answers, "Amortentia is a love potion that causes infatuation and smells like the things the smeller loves most."

Snape narrows his eyes, "That is correct, Mr. Zabini, 10 points to Slytherin." Blaise lets out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks, mate." He whispers to Draco. Draco smirks and crumples up the piece of parchment he had written the answer on. 

"On the board you will find randomized partner listings. I expect you and your partner to produce Amortentia and work together exceptionally." Snape waves his wand at the board and names start to appear in pairs.

Ron and Harry cheer as they find their names together.

"Will I have to split you two up, Mr. Potter?" Snape sneers.

"No, sir." Harry answers. Ron snickers and Snape glares at him.

"5 points from Gryffindor!"

"Malfoy and I? Seriously?" Neville chews his lip nervously. Hermione looks at him sympathetically.

"Don't worry, Neville, I'll help you. You can sit at the table near mine."

"Well, Granger, it appears I'm your partner today." Blaise says. Hermione smiles fakely and gestures to the seat next to her. Blaise sits and stares at the materials in front of them.

"You know how to do this, right, Granger?" He asks nervously, poking at a weird, slimy ingredient.

Hermione scowls and slaps his hand away, "Yes, I do, but don't expect me to do everything, you're pitching in, Zabini."

"Yeesh, are you always this bossy, or is it just me?" Draco remarks as he walks over to join Neville.

"Are you always a prissy brat or did daddy get you a new broom again?"

"Miss. Granger, Mr. Malfoy! Enough!" Snape shouts, "5 points from Gryffindor." Groans from the lions around the room.

"I swear, he gets more insufferable everyday." Hermione mutters as she ties her hair up.

"Longbottom, how much stupider can you get? Did you not read the recipe or are you just incompetent?" Draco sneers. Neville shrinks away from the blonde.

"Malfoy! Leave him alone!" Hermione scolds.

Suddenly her cauldron starts bubbling.

"Uh, Granger, is it supposed to do that?" Blaise asks nervously. Hermione starts to groan, but stops and examines the potion better.

"A dark red color and bring it to a boil," she mumbles under her breath as she stirs it, "Zabini! You actually did it!"

Blaises face lights up, "I did?"

"Congratulations Mr. Zabini, Miss. Granger. You have successfully brewed Amortentia. Now would you be as so kind to tell the class what you smell?" Snape drawls, looking dissapointed in the success.

Blaise leans his head in to waft the smell, " I smell... Grass, and sugar and warm baked cookies." Blaise looks up, makes eye contact with Ron, turns red, and looks away. Harry notices and sniffs Ron. Mrs. Weasleys cookies. Hmm...

Hermione leans in to smell, " I smell parchment-"

"Nerd." Coughs Draco. Hermione glares at him and continues,

"And an animal? Some sort of rodent? And mint"

"A rodent? Granger, are you attracted to rats?" Draco says, laughing.

"If that were true, I'd be attracted to you, you ferret!" Once she's shouted it, Hermione goes red. Blaise snickers at Dracos pale face.

"If you guys are done screaming at each other, class is dismissed" Snape announces. Hermione hurries out of the classroom hiding her face.

"Granger, come back," Blaise laughs chasing after her, "What was that?"

"I don't want to talk about it, Zabini" Hermione states as she slows down slightly to allow Blaise to catch up, but still fast enough so Draco wouldn't see her.

"Come on, Granger. How long have you liked Draco?" Blaise teases, sending a knowing look to the blond that was eavesdropping behind them.

"Leave her alone, Zabini. I mean, how can she help loving a god like me?" Draco states as Hermione turns around, "I mean, I'm beautiful. Don't be ashamed, Granger, you're just one of many who are in love with me-"

"Oh you arrogant, pompous, son of a-" Hermione is cut off by an arm wrapping around her waist and dragging her against a chest.

"You talk too much, Granger. Just be happy I return the feelings." His words and his proximity have Hermione redder than an apple and she couldn't help herself.

"Finally." Blaise says under his breath, walking away from the kissing couple, "Now, to find myself some fresh baked cookies..."

I'm sure by now, everyone's heard about the covid-19 pandemic that's happening. Its pretty scary, but it's easy to prevent its spread if we all practice social distancing. Seeing as you're on wattpad, that won't be hard for you. Wash your hands, and stay safe. Love you guys :)