Baby Steps

Dedicated to patricia_malfoy for the request 

"Scorp, come here baby."  Hermione coos. She sits on the floor of their apartment as her fiance holds up their baby. His little chubby fingers clutch onto Dracos hands.

"Honey, is he ready for this? He still seems a bit young." Draco asks as Scorpious' legs wobbles.

"Oh, he's fine, babe. He's mine and your son; he can do anything." Hermione says, confidently. Draco chuckles.

Draco takes a few steps forward and Scorpious falls flat on his bum.

"Mione!" He groans, "I don't think he's ready." Scorpious starts to whimper and reach for Hermione.

"Malfoy, you worry too much; relax." Hermione says, getting up and placing a warm kiss on his temple. Draco smiles softly at her touch and kisses her lips.

"Now, try again." Hermione says.

Hermione sits on the floor again and Draco guides Scorpious forward. He takes a step, then another, then falls backwards. Draco catches him and wraps him up in a hug.

"You did it, my baby. You did it!" Draco coos. Scorpious giggles at Draco as he makes funny faces. Hermione squeals in delight.

She rushes up to Draco and wraps her arms around his waist. She looks loving down at Scorpious at tickles his little toes. His rosy cheeks fill up and he lets out a small raspberry. Hermione giggles and Draco smiles at his soon-to-be wife. He loves her so God damn much, it hurts.

"I love you." She coos at Scorpious and she takes him in her arms and rocks him gently.

***

Draco wraps his arms around Hermione and holds her tight under the sheets in their bed. Hermione giggles as he lightly pinches her waist.

"We did it, Malfoy." She sighs in happiness. Draco grins at her.

"It's you and me, Granger." He leans in and places a kiss on her lips. She smiles and kisses him back. He places his hands around her waist and she threads her fingers through he platinum blonde hair. Draco deepens it and Hermione lets out a slight main from the back of her throat.

"Dada!" They pull apart so quickly, Hermione fingers pull Dracos hair as he pulls away. Draco winces.

"Dada! Mama!"

"Scorpious?" They ask, appalled. Hermione gets up and walls to the door. She opens the door, and there stands Scorpious Hyperion Malfoy in all his glory, his raggedy old blanket hangs from his fingers.

"Mama!" He calls, extending his arms towards his mama. Hermione smiles tiredly and lifts him up.

"Did you get out of your crib again? And walk here?" Hermione asks, rocking him. He giggles in response. Draco smirks.

"Thats my boy." He says, proudly. Hermione sits on the bed and Draco pulls her into his lap. The small family sit there into the night, just holding each other; loving each other.       

A/N sorry if this wasnt what you expected. It turned out shorter than expected but I like it, but Idk. Please comment and share this story. Leave requests. Have a good day.