"Phew. Thanks, Scott." I fist-bumped his shoulder.

"No need to mention, sir." He grinned.

I rolled my eyes."Don't show your teeth. I pay you to help me out." His grin didn't vanish.

"You know.. it doesn't matter whether you have been working for me for two years now; I still can fire you." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Sorry, sir." His grin flattened.

I glanced around to see if Claire was still there or not and while looking for her I found the same pair of eyes staring at me those were staring at me at the table; at that time she wasn't alone but surrounded by people.

She averted her eyes when I caught her staring at me. I was intrigued; who was she? Why was she looking at me like that? I was sure I had never seen her. But whatever it was, she was one hell of a beautiful woman.

"Hey Scott, do you know her?" I asked him, bobbing my head in her direction; my eyes not leaving her sight.

"Oh.. She's Eloise Nicole; model, ambassador of many beauty and fashion brands, and newly turned actress." He replied.

"Impressive!" I commented.

"And she's named Arrogant Celebrity because of her attitude." He added.

"Oh?"

I guess she wanted to talk with me. But what was stopping her? She could have come to me directly. Was she feeling shy? But she doesn't seem shy. She got me so intrigued; if she can't approach me then I will.

"Scott, don't you feel the party is boring?" I asked smirking at him. His eyes shot up wide.

"Are you planning to go to her?" He asked in surprise.

"Why not? Let's see how much arrogance she behold. Besides my poor soul needs some fun." Saying that I walked in her direction.

The more I closed the distance; the more her image became clear and the more beautiful she started to get. She was trying not to look at me by indulging in conversation with others but I knew she was aware that I was walking towards her. Suddenly she started walking away but before she could disappear I caught her.

"May I know your name, beautiful lady?" I asked standing in front of her. Her beautiful, big black eyes became wider and her face portrayed sudden surprise but she masked it with a smile; not a real one, I'm used to giving this kind of smile.

"Eloise Nicole."

Damn! her voice. Sweet and gentle.

"Eloi, nice name." I smiled; taking her hand in mine. I raised it to my lips but before I could kiss she pulled back her hand making my lips land on my own fingers. I hope no one saw this.

"It's Eloise, Mr. Adams." She slightly narrowed her eyes.

Scott was right, she has got an attitude. Just to see this side of her I nicknamed her in our first meeting. I didn't know why but I wanted to tease her, that was my first thought when I saw her. I was amused. Why was it amusing to me? I didn't get it. And she knows me? Great!

"That is exactly what I said, Eloi. And nice to meet you." I smirked. She scrunched her face but again masked it before anyone could see her.

"Nice to meet you too Mr. Adams." Annoyance could be heard in her voice.

A man who seemed to be in his late 20's came up to her and put his hand on her back and whispered something in her ear. Her date?  Well, the way his hand possessively rested on her back was proof that he was her date.

But you never know; these days fake dates are in trend. Who was I to question?

He looked at me and extended his hand "Hello, Mr. Adams I'm Evan, her..."

"Date," Eloi commented before he could complete what he was saying.

There, she confirmed it.

"Uh...yeah, her date," Evan answered hesitantly.

Ha! I wanted to laugh at his effort. He confirmed that he was not her date but was someone close to her.

"Nice to meet you, Evan. You sure have a beautiful lady as your date." I shook his hand.

"Yeah, I guess?" He joked and earned a glare from Eloi.

"Excuse me Mr. Adams but we have to leave." She said narrowing her eyes.

"Oh, sure! We'll meet again" I was hell sure that I would definitely meet her again.

Raising an eyebrow she mumbled something under her breath which made me chuckle; obviously mumbling something bad about me.

"Goodbye then." She said.

"Until next time, Eloi." I took her by surprise as I inched forward and kissed her cheek. She gasped and threw daggers at me through her beautiful eyes.

"For the last time, my name is ELOISE, Mr. Adams. And I'll appreciate it if you maintain some distance." She said frustratingly.

"But I'm finding it hard to keep the distance. Again, until next time, Eloi." I winked and walked back, facing her.

Surprised, confused, and scowling she too walked away with grace.

I was really impressed with her, she left me intrigued. She evoked my interest in her; made me curious to know about her.

And I will know her...that too pretty soon.

___________________________________________

Here's the First POV of Daniel. How do you like it? Do share your views.