Ch. 5 Making up

I expected the usual but this felt different. I was happy, I paid attention to my surroundings. I smiled at the laughing of children as they played on the grass. I heard the bustle of the city as Mobians lived their day-to-day life. And overall o this notice, I heard the Flickes singing in the overhead branches of trees, which leaves created a dappled pattern of the surrounding grass. I closed my eyes and stood still for a second, appreciating who I am and where I was. 

I took a deep breath and opened my eyes, energy coursing through my body. I took off my jacket and let out a loud "WOOHOO! YEAH!" This earned a few confused glances in my direction, but I shrugged them off. Then, without hesitation, I set off in a light jog through the city with the broadest smile I could muster plastered on my face. 

I ran through the city, waving at people and sight-seeing. (If you want to know what the city looks like, just imagine Salt Lake City in Utah.) After this event, I was forced to stop at a streetlight with a crowd. When the light was red, I felt a little tug on my jacket currently tied to my waist. I looked down to see a little bear cub who, at my gaze, hid behind his mother who was standing next to me. I took out my earbuds and belt down to face the bear cub. 

"Hi! I'm Sonic the Hedgehog. How are you today?" I asked, smiling my signature smile.

"H-h. M-my name's T-toby. I-i w-wanted a-a auty thing!"

"Little Toby here wants an autograph Mr. Hedgehog!" 

I looked up at his mom and said, "Sure thing, Mrs!" I then pulled out my notebook and ripped out a page. I signed my name and gave it to Toby. "Here you go, Toby! It was nice meeting you! Have a good day!" I gave the little guy a fistbump and stood up. 

"Oh, thank you, Sonic! You don't know how much this means to me and Toby! He's been dying to meet you!" Toby's mom said.

"Oh, it's nothing! I enjoy it, really! Little Toby here's so brave to ask me!" I said cheerfully. I looked up and noticed that the walk sign was on. I turned around and jogged backward shooting my signature thumbs-up at Toby. In the middle of the street, I turned around and ran to the other side. I then proceeded to run at the average Mobian speed. 
Then,
I noticed a familiar shape. 

I saw him and yelled, "YO SHADZ!" While running up to him.

"Sonic! I wanted to talk to you!" Shadow said upon my arrival.

"Hmm. You used my name instead of Faker. Alright. What's up?" I knew something was the matter because Shadow only calls me 'Sonic' when somethings seriously wrong.

"Shut up... Faker.😏"

"Callete!" I snapped. Probably shouldn't have commented!

"Anyway...you know about the whole...'Cinos lunch-room thing'?"

"Yeah?" I said.

"So..." I could tell that Shadow was a bit uncomfortable with this topic. "What I said about not liking you...um...well... I-i... uh..." Shadow didn't know what to say, but I had a good idea of what it was.

"So you're trying to say that you lied to me/Cinos in the bathroom of Chucks Diner? That kiss in the hallway was real, that what you said in the lunchroom today was... a lie?"

"Well... um..." By now, Shadow wouldn't meet my eyes and had his hand behind his head. "Yeah? Pretty much?"

"R-really?" I stammered, too shocked to believe what I was hearing.

"Yeah...in other words..." Shadow took a deep breath and shouted, "I LOVE YOU SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!!!" 

Then I heard a gasp from around us. We had formed a crowd. I looked around and simply ignored them. I turned my attention back to Shadow and again was at a loss for words. Then, I exploded.

"How do I know this isn't a lie?!? You've broken my heart repeditly now!" I shouted.

Shadow flinched. "I-i didn't know how to feel about being gay and loving you! But I just recently learned that I'm gay! AND SO ARE YOU!"

"I KNOW I AM! I just... I don't want to be hurt by you again." I said, turning my back on Shadow with my head down. Shadow reached his hand out and grabbed me by the arm. 

"I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to break your heart! I don't want to cause you pain! I just want...you." There were a few 'Aww's in the crowd but we ignored it again. I turned around to face Shadow and asked, "How do I know you're not lying?"

"This." Shadow then pulled me towards him. 

Our faces got closer and closer until we met. I was shocked a bit at first but closed my eyes to except his warm embrace. But all too soon, it ended. 

Shadow asked, "Do you trust me now?" 

My only response was a hug with a kiss. Shadow excepted it and we stood there, intertwined for a few seconds before I broke the kiss with, "Yes."

We were broken out of our trance by the crown starting to fangirl/boy over me and Shadow. I looked at Shadow and shrugged. Shadow said, "Let's go home. Shall we?"

"We shall!" I responded. He grabbed my hand, and though it was hard to leave all my fans on such short notice, I was glad to be going home.

Shadow said the magic words, "Chaos control!" And we were gone in a flash of purple, to reappear in Tails' and I's house. 

We landed and I asked Shadow, "So...are we a 'thing' now?"

Shadow looked at me and said, "I guess so?"

"Well, in that case..." I responded, "Will you be my Boyfriend?"

Shadow gasped and said, "Of course I will, Faker!"

"Yay!" I said and then kissed Shadow on the lips. 

He smiled and returned the kiss before breaking apart saying, "I love you." 

Then we sat on the couch talking until the rest of the gang showed up.