Speechless - Ochaco Uraraka

Requested by thecoolmidoriya

Ochaco x neutral!reader

The characters are adults

Song: Speechless- Dan+Shay

Hope you enjoy!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

" Ochaco, are you almost ready? " I yell up the stairs nervously. Me and Ochaco may live together, and plan on getting married someday (I want tonight I can ask her?, but she never fails to make my heart skip a beat.

You say you'll be down in five

" Five more minutes, (N/N), I'm almost done! " She responded. Her sweet voice filling my ears. I couldn't help but smile. She really is real. And, on top of that, she's mine.

The smell of your perfume
Is floating down the stairs
You're fixing up your hair like you do

I immediately snap out of my daze when I here the door open. There's she is, standing at the top of the stairs, in all her glory.

I know that I'll be a mess
The second that I see you

My heart starts beating faster, and I can feel the heat rise in my face. My eyes widened, and I knew I was staring.

You won't be surprised
It happens everytime
It's nothing new

She giggles at my stunned face, and makes her way down the stairs toward me. She plants a kiss on my cheek, and just like the first time, when we were still in high school, I get flustered. She just laughs more before taking me hand and leading me out the door. 

~ small time skip ~

It's always on a night like tonight

We make it to the cliff, and lay out our blanket. It was beautiful outside. The sun was setting, and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. The colors blended together into a beautiful masterpiece in the sky, but all I could look at was the girl next to me. I was glad to finally have time with her. But yet, I felt so scared.

I think that you can read my mind
'Cause when you look at me with those eyes

She turns to look at me, and suddenly I can't breath. She tilts her head, and looks at me confused.

I'm speechless
Staring at you standing there in that dress
What it's doing to me, ain't a secret
'Cause watching you is all that I can do

" Are you okay, (N/N)? You look sick. " She snaps me out of my thoughts for the second time that evening. I start fumbling through my pockets until I find exactly what I was looking for.

And I'm speechless
You already know that you're my weakness
After all this time I'm just as nervous
Everytime you walk into the room

I look back up, and she's looking at me confused again. God, my heart melts at the sight of her. She's just... I don't know what to say. No matter how long we can date, there is nothing that could prepare me for this.

I'm speechless

At first, I forget what I was supposed to say. I didn't remember anything I had planned while talking to myself in the mirror. My mind was clouded, but I couldn't go back now. Not this time.

" Ochaco, in our first year, you asked me why I wanted to be a hero. I told you I didn't know, and at the time, that was true. I had no reason to be a hero. But then you came into my life, and I had a reason. " I pause for a second. What if she says no? What if she's not ready to get married? What happens then? " When you came into my life, everything became a little bit brighter. It was like being colorblind all my life, until I heard you speak. I was afraid to lose you, the light of my life. I swore, I'd protect you. When you told me why you wanted to me a hero, I wanted to make sure I'd be able to provide for your family, " I open the little box and hold it out toward her. " Because I wanted to one day be a part of it. "

When I finish, Ochaco is crying, and I panic for a moment, wondering if I'd done something wrong. But then she starts to nod her head. My anxiety quickly washes away, and is replaced with complete and utter joy.

Sliding the ring on her finger, then pulling her into a tight embrace felt perfect.

Sitting under the stars, with her arms around me, and my arms around her, my world felt whole. The wait was worth it, and I will never regret a single moment of this.